We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rattie in wet weather

Which Coniston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Midlands
Level Contributor
108 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
Rattie in wet weather

Hi, I will be travelling on this little train on Saturday, but the weather is forcast wet (again..) any suggestions of things to do at either end so we don't get too soaked!

Thanks!

Windermere
Level Contributor
119 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rattie in wet weather

Muncaster Castle is near by and can also by reached on foot from one of the first stops. I remember it being about a 15/20 minute walk. There's a tea room at the start and at the far end of the railway. Most of the carriages are under cover. It's an entertaining day out anyway.

The forecast I checked says sunshine and light showers so it might not be too bad!!

West Midlands
Level Contributor
108 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rattie in wet weather

Thanks for your help red squirrel!

3. Re: Rattie in wet weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2016, 19:15
Get answers to your questions about Coniston
Recent Conversations
More Coniston Topics