We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walking in kendal

Which Kendal hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wrexham, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
walking in kendal

hi were a couple staying at the stonecross manor in jan 2012 are there any good hikes around 10 miles long ,we are in out late 40s

Solihull
Level Contributor
3,926 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: walking in kendal

I think most people would say that Kendal is not the best place to stay when visiting the Lake district as it is just outside the main area for walking.

However if you have a car to get to the start of a walk then I would say there are hundreds of walks you can do of 10 miles duration in the Lake District.

Obvously we cant give full details of any walk on this forum, but a search in Google for Lake District walks may provide some suggestions

Or you may be best buying a few guide books of walks. All the tourist information centres in the area will have "Walks around Kendal" type books, or get advice on walks from the Tourist Information Centre.

Solihull
Level Contributor
3,926 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: walking in kendal

You may find this web site useful (it has loads of free walks you can print off)

It also has a list of suggested Lake District walk books

http://www.walkingincumbria.org.uk/index.php

These are the specific walk around Kendal

http://www.walkingincumbria.org.uk/kendal.php

Here is a nother web site with a section on walking around Kendal (it covers Windermere and the general "South East" of the lake district area)

where2walk.co.uk/about-the-lake-district/…

Edited: 03 January 2012, 21:34
Wrexham, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: walking in kendal

Thanks guilbert53 i will check the web sites you recommended

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: walking in kendal

There are many wonderful walks in and around Kendal.

It provides a convenient place to stay in the lakes away from some of the tourist bustle but within a short distance of everything you may need. The town itself is pleasant to explore with wonderful views around every corner.

manchester. uk
Level Contributor
267 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: walking in kendal

if you call in at kendal tourist info at the town hall they have walks there think they are about at £1 or two

cumbria
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: walking in kendal

Hi

Kendal tourist information at the Town Hall has now closed.

You will now find it located within a shop called "Made in Cumbria" at 25 Stramongate Kendal Cumbria LA9 4BH

manchester. uk
Level Contributor
267 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: walking in kendal

Thanks for that sorry didn't know

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: walking in kendal

The flat we rented while in Kendal supplied us with maps of walks around the Kendal area, it was very helpful.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: walking in kendal

Just found this on the web for the Kendal Fellwalkers if you like a challenging walk http://www.kendalfellwalkers.co.uk/

the AA site also lists several walks in and around Kendal complete with Maps... theaa.com/walks/kendals-two-castles-420657

and this last one is Scout's Scar which also has some wonderful views

www.lakeswalks.co.uk/walks/walk13/index.shtml have not been able to find the site with the maps that I saw in the flat yet but will keep checking as I would love them myself for our next visit to Kendal.

Edited: 19 February 2012, 11:45
10. Re: walking in kendal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Kendal