We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keswick - Restaurants and Pubs

5 posts
Save Topic
Keswick - Restaurants and Pubs

There is a group of about 16 of us coming to Keswick in June for a weekend. Could anyone suggest any resturants, or pubs that do good food, that could cater for a big group like this? Nothing too expensive or flash; decent, hearty food, and good beer would be perfect. We'll have transport so if there are any suggestions outside of Keswick we'd consider these, but no more than 6/7 miles, and preferably to the East of Keswick.

Also, what are the best pubs for going out in the evening in Keswick town centre?

Thanks very much

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,710 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Keswick - Restaurants and Pubs

If you like Italian food then I can recommend Luca's - here's the website which has full details of the food on offer.

If any of you fancy fish and chips over the weekend then the Old Keswickian is definitely the best!

Level Contributor
307 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Keswick - Restaurants and Pubs

There is a nice Mexican called Salsa in Keswick.

Nice pubs just out of keswick are

The Farmers at Braithwaite http://www.tp-inns.co.uk/pubs.htm

2 miles

The Sun Inn at Bassenthwaite 6 miles.

Both good for food. You would have to check if they can take a party of 16 at a busy weekend.

Newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
654 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Keswick - Restaurants and Pubs

hi joey

it depends what your after

i recomend rumoures for later on its next to cumbrian cottages a bit away from the other pubs

it is open till 2, free entry and serves food till half 12!!

not suggesting you nec eat there although it is nice

it also has pool tables and a dj

other good bars are the odd fellows arms they have live music on and the queens head round the back of the queens hotel

then there is casa sports bar next to the loft-keswicks nightclub open till 3

as long as the bars u go to arnt really quiet and pretty busy you will have a good night!!

Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Keswick - Restaurants and Pubs

If you are wanting to stay central to Keswick, the Kings Arms is a great place for pub grub. You can get local ales there too and the Loft Nightclub is just around the corner. www.lakedistricthotels.net for pics of the restaurant and full menu.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Keswick - Restaurants and Pubs

i have to say there are loads of pubs that serve great food and also restauraunts. It all depends on your budget but to be fair there are so many that they tend to be competive.

the george hotel does good food

the indian in central car park is nice

the silk road chinese in museum square does a good value early bird 5-7 (i think) but the prices at other times are very good as is the house wine!.. i tend to go there for birthday partys with groups of 11 or so!! they look after you really well.

bar 26 on lake rd often has live music and a good atmosphere but is quite small and i think food may just be at lunch time.

to be honest there is so much choice in town that you don't really need to go out of town.

hope you have a great time, my only advice would be to try and book somewhere as a lot af places many find it hard to seat 16 without a wait!

Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Keswick - Restaurants and Pubs

I know this reply is too late for "Joey" but maybe useful to other readers. We visit Keswick a couple of times a year - every year, and the most consistantly good pub food is at the Packhorse Inn, - just up the alleyway near Moot Hall. Others worth looking at are the Bank Tavern, Oddfellows(cheapest) and Dog and Gun. A short walk out of the town centre to Crossthwaite (?) and a meal at The Pheasant also worth a try.

Bear in mind that everyone seems to go out to dine at 7.00pm, and between 7 & 8pm you wont find a seat in any pub worth going to, so go out early, grab a table and you can have a few drinks before ordering food.

If you find a pub thats empty at these busy times there is usually a reason for it !

7. Re: Keswick - Restaurants and Pubs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 20:18
Get answers to your questions about Keswick
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor