We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

indians in keswick

cumbria
Level Contributor
105 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
indians in keswick

We are visiting Keswick for a weekend and stopping at the skiddaw,I know there are a few indian reasturants in keswick but can anyone tell me which one is the best? also has anyone used the sister hotels swimming pool.

Lake District...
Level Contributor
596 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: indians in keswick

I always go to the Lakeland Spice in Main Street, 200m from the Skiddaw.

Visitors I take there always seem impressed with the food.

Worth booking , it does get crowded at times

017687 80005

north east
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: indians in keswick

I have lovely meals at lakeland spice and The Red Fort, However my favourite eating place in keswick has to be The Golden Hills Chinese

London, UK
Level Contributor
50 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: indians in keswick

Not sure of the exact name, but there is Bangladeshi restaurant near the Central Car Park that offers some good discounts with a flyer they are always distributing - food is reasonable - didn't try the other Indians...

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: indians in keswick

Visited the Lakeland spice indian a couple of years ago and would recently recommend. We hope to visit it again this September when in Keswick for a few days break.

cheers

Keith

cumbria
Level Contributor
105 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: indians in keswick

Thanks for all your replies we went to Keswick and had a fab time(apart from the terrible football!!).We went to the Lakeland Spice and it was very very good.

Reading, UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: indians in keswick

There is a good website at http://www.scoresonthedoors.org.uk that lists the hygiene ratings of restaurants.

The Royal Bengal is the only restaurant in Keswick that gets ZERO stars, so I think that is one to avoid.

Ratings in general in Keswick are quite good though.

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: indians in keswick

Just back from the UK, and managed a weekend up in Keswick. The Lakeland Spice Indian was on our to visit list having found it by chance last time we visited the area, Without doudt very good and will be writing a TA report later.

cheers

keith

8. Re: indians in keswick

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2011, 05:16