We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1-2 night break - surprise

Hgte
8 posts
Save Topic
1-2 night break - surprise

I would like to take my fella on a surprise 1-2 night break somewhere in the lakes - really nice setting - mabye even in a lovely pub with good food. Cosy and olde worlde would be good.

Any suggestions??

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1 post
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1-2 night break - surprise

You could try Hawkshead, there are four good pubs there and you are fairly central for getting about. Cartmel is also very nice but not in the centre of things.

The Pheasant at Bassenthwaite near Keswick is beautiful but not cheap and the food is excellent, lovely olde worlde but very friendly too.

London
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1-2 night break - surprise

I'm sure there's no shortage of suitable places, but if you could specify a budget, that would probably help to get some more tailored suggestions.

3. Re: 1-2 night break - surprise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2011, 05:34