We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 nights stay in Keswick

Which Keswick hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
13 posts
Save Topic
3 nights stay in Keswick

Hi all,

I was originally booked in The Grange Country House at Keswick but was rejected because I'm bringing along an infant.

We originally chose that place because of the nice scenery on the hill top and the type of house (old fashioned tudor). So a pity we couldn't get to stay there.

Is there any other such B&Bs like the grange country house in Keswick? We saw a few townhouse-type B&Bs in Keswick but thought we'd try something different.

Can anyone recommend something based on your experience or if you're staying there? I haven't been to Keswick so I'm really not sure what to expect.

Oh my travel dates are 11th, 12th and 13th June.

Thanks a million!

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 nights stay in Keswick

Why would bringing a infant make a different, they took you booking and then cancelled it? Seems the least they could do was suggest some other places. Something does not add up here.....?

Keith

Cockermouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa de las Americas, Cockermouth
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 nights stay in Keswick

It does say in their policies that children under 8 are not welcome !!

Grange Policies

Length of stay: We may not be able to accept one-night bookings more than 48 hours in advance. At some Peak Times, a minimum of 2 or 3 nights may apply.

Child policy: Children over the age of 8 are welcome either sharing with an older sibling or with a parent in one of our twin bedrooms. Unfortunately we do not have triple or family rooms.

Pets: Due to increasing problems with allergies, we are unable to accept pets.

Smoking: The property is totally non-smoking throughout.

Access: Check in at any time after 2pm. In house guests are issued with a front door key and have access to the property at all times.

Lake District...
Level Contributor
574 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 nights stay in Keswick

I would suggest either staying in the centre of Keswick or right outside e.g. Borrowdale (Grange), Portinscale.

The issue I see with somewhere like The Grange ( up a hill) is that with an infant you will probably need to use the car even to just go into Keswick, so you might as well stay nearer the centre and be able to wander around down to the lake or into the parks as and when you feel like it ( weather permitting)

You can see the fells from almost everywhere in town.

Sydney NSW
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 nights stay in Keswick

Hello,

Can you please let me know if you found anything suitable in Keswick as we are planning on doing something similiar and we also have a 2 year old with us.

thank you

5. Re: 3 nights stay in Keswick

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2012, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Keswick