We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can you park all day in Keswick?

Middlesbrough...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where can you park all day in Keswick?

I'm currently staying in Ambleside but wanted to have a day out in Keswick. Are there any all day car parks and will they be busy this time of the year?

Many thanks.

Lake District...
Level Contributor
615 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can you park all day in Keswick?

from www.keswick.org:

Otley Road Car Park, maximum stay 24 hours,

Bell Close Car Park, maximum stay 3 hours,

Central Car Park, maximum stay 24 hours,

Lakeside Car Park, capacity 253, disabled spaces 6, coach bays 4

Rawnsley Hall Car Park

Keswick Rugby Club Car Park

The new football car park off Crosthwaite Road is I believe £3 all day and a 5 min walk across Fitz Park into the centre.

You shouldnt have too much problem parking at present from what I have seen.

The area between Penrith Rd and Ambleside Rd offers mainly unrestricted street parking for free especially towards Skiddaw Street.

There is always the bus from Ambleside although unless you have a bus pass this is not a cheaper option !

Middlesbrough...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can you park all day in Keswick?

Thanks that's really helpful. I'll check these out.

Keswick, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can you park all day in Keswick?

I second the Football club car park, £3 all day and a very pleasant short walk through the park into the town. Access point is from Crosthwaite Road next to the cottage hospital. If coming in from Ambleside, take the A66 bypass West to avoid going through the town and when you get to the roundabout take the first left. You will pass the Pheasant pub on your right and the Filling Station cafe on your left. 100yds on is the cottage hospital on your left and the entrance to the car park is the next left. Simple!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
750 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can you park all day in Keswick?

You can park at the Old Station behind the swimming pool all day, didnt used to be a charge.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where can you park all day in Keswick?

is it possible to buy a car park pass so that you can have access to park in most car parks in the lake district to help reduce expense

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where can you park all day in Keswick?

Car parks in the lakes are run by different providers so you have these four and no doubt others that I haven't thought of

National Trust - free to members

Lake District National Park Authority

Allerdale Council

South Lakeland Council

They all have varying costs and varying rules.

Edited: 26 August 2012, 10:02
Lake District...
Level Contributor
615 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where can you park all day in Keswick?

Unless you work in Allerdale, or live in Keswick and dont have parking , the annual permit at £290 for Allerdale/Keswick council carparks is not worth considering. A monthly one at £29 may be .

NT membership is worth it for the parking.

LDNPA and United Utilities provide annual permits but ISTR they are £60 or so, again even as a local and a walker I didnt reckon they were worth it.

8. Re: Where can you park all day in Keswick?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Keswick