We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog friendly pubs

Stoke-on-Trent
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Dog friendly pubs

I know this question has been asked before -details please of dog friendly pubs - but I know pubs can change owners and rules and needed as up to date info as possible

Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog friendly pubs

Hi Filcho, you've a good choice of pubs within Keswick itself. Let's start with the Dog & Gun on Lake Road, also on Lake Road you'll find The Lake Road Inn. There is a bar bistro further down Lake Road but I'm not sure if it still is dog friendly. The Four In Hand on Lake road is closed at the moment, not sure if its going to re-open, I do hope so. Back in Keswick market place you'll find The Inn at Keswick (formerly Keswick Lodge), dogs allowed in the bar area. Just up the road on St Johns St within spitting distance, is The George, reputed to be the oldest pub in Keswick. Dogs are allowed in the bar area. Across the narrow road from The George is The Square Orange, a bistro bar that has live music certain nights during the week. In Pack Horse Court just off the market place, is the Pack Horse. Around the corner on Station Street is Siena's bar. Just outside the town centre opposite the Cottage Hospital is The Pheasant (not to be confused with The Pheasant beside Bass Lake!). There are a few more but thats enough to be going on with.

Hope you have a good holiday.

Sue and Dave from Larry's Lodge, Keswick.

Lake District...
Level Contributor
605 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dog friendly pubs

You'll be hard pushed to find one that isn't dog-friendly in Keswick.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
122 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dog friendly pubs

You'll find as many dogs as people in the Dog & Gun! Seriously, it's probably the most dog friendly of the lot. They do all sorts of doggie treats at the bar, plus the real ales and bar food (especially goulash) are very good too.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
354 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dog friendly pubs

Dog & Gun great for dogs!! Also try the George - they allow dogs in the bar area but maybe not in the restaurant part.

Stoke-on-Trent
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dog friendly pubs

Thanks for all your replies we are looking forward to our holiday with Connie our lovely border collie

6. Re: Dog friendly pubs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 05:16