We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonably priced room for 2 near train in Keswick

Chicago
Level Contributor
187 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonably priced room for 2 near train in Keswick

Hi, posting for my daughter. She will be traveling with friend via train. Both are under 25, so will not be renting a car. She wants to visit Keswick and is looking for accommodations around 100 pounds per night. Looking at mid-June and most places are fully booked. Are there any recommendations for a nice hotel/b&b that is walking distance from train station? Alternatively, if there buses which run on a regular schedule - perhaps something reachable in this manner.

Thank you!

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
730 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonably priced room for 2 near train in Keswick

Keswick train station closed in 1972. The nearest stations are Penrith on the main line, and Windermere.

Chicago
Level Contributor
187 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonably priced room for 2 near train in Keswick

Yikes! Thank you for your post. I'm not sure where she saw a train going there. I'll alert her.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,682 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonably priced room for 2 near train in Keswick

There is a regular bus service between Keswick and the rail station at Penrith.

Level Contributor
3,394 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonably priced room for 2 near train in Keswick

3. Same with Windermere

Chicago
Level Contributor
187 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reasonably priced room for 2 near train in Keswick

Hi, thanks - yes I misunderstood her. That is their plan to bus from Penrith to Keswick. So - any recommendations for a reasonably priced room for 2 in Keswick (walking distance from bus station)? :-)

Thank you!

Keswick, United...
Level Contributor
241 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reasonably priced room for 2 near train in Keswick

Keswick is a small town and everywhere in town is walkable from the bus "station" (it's not really a station) the buses drop at Booths Supermarket right in the entre, and there are so many B&B's & hotels within 0 - 10 mins walk. Have a look at the official tourist office website www.golakes.co.uk/

you can filter by location. There are lots of really lovely, friendly and good quality B&B's at reasonable prices so I'm sure sure she will find something for the dates and price band she needs.

7. Re: Reasonably priced room for 2 near train in Keswick

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 06:18