We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Windermere-first time visit

Kent
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Windermere-first time visit

I'm looking for a good quality B&B in the Windermere area to take the wife for three nights in July. It's our 20Th wedding anniversary and are looking for somewhere nice with maybe some outdoor area to sit if the weathers good.

Thanks in advance

Somerset
Level Contributor
57 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Windermere-first time visit

Oh and if you want a real treat one of the rooms has a private terrace with an outdoor hot tub... It is quite expensive but worth it!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Windermere-first time visit

You should have a look at Cedar Manor in windermere, nice gardens to sit in. Its b&b prices, but a small hotel. You don't have to take dinner there, but should definitely try them, they are yummy. You are 20 mins walk from Bowness, 5 mins from Windermere and just 15 mins stroll down a bridal path to the Lake.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,472 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Windermere-first time visit

"15 mins stroll down a bridal path" - how appropriate for a wedding anniversary

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
444 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Windermere-first time visit

The Fayrer Garden Hotel on the Lyth Valley road is a perfect getaway, they do both B&B and Evening Meal. When the weather is fine you can sit out on the patio with a view of the extensive gardens, and listen to the fountain. it's perfect.

UK
Level Contributor
74 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Windermere-first time visit

Went to the Wheatlands Lodge a couple of weekends ago. Very nice B&B, the breakfasts were excellent, the owners very pleasant, they willingly chilled a bottle of champagne for us on one of our parties birthday. The only negatives I would say are that the rooms we had were rather on the small side although very nicely done out. That said, we did only book the week before we went so for a special occasion I would book a superior room.

It did have a small garden out front with wooden swing seats and a couple of tables and chairs were you can sit with a drink etc.

Hope this helps, if you want any more info let me know.

16. Re: Windermere-first time visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 18:16