We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

this was my weekend

Which Blackpool hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dorset
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
this was my weekend

just got back from my first weekend in about 4 years and this is how it went..

arrive about 10.30 a.m after 5 hour drive and first stop was the mermaid cafe for a brekkie as did read on here it was good so thought i'd try it out.. place was clean and tidy with friendly staff and the full english was ok cost about £17.50 to feed me the missus and 2 daughters so not bad price.

next stop was sea life centre , £19.50 booked on line,my 2 year old loved and i thought the sharks were a bonus i did'nt expect.. only gripe was my girl walked into a dark lampost in a dark room which brought a very nasty bump so not the best start. took about an hour to walk round and was value for money.

next stop pontins .. nothing positive to report so will move on

sat morning pleasure beach , got wristbands on line £20 each and was a top day which we all enjoyed and watched the forbidden matinee show which was good and worth a look. i did sneak off for an hour to go to the philimonic working mens club to watch a comic called mike dennett who i have seen many times and i knew would be good and he was.. £1 to get in and he does an hour of comedy.. it's near central pier so check it out.

sat night i went down to the talk of the coast as the family was tired and wanted to stay in so on went the saturday night shirt and away i went.. now i cant stress this enough if your in blackpool and you dont have kids you must go there, the compere is buddy lee who must be the funniest comic in town, you have dancing girls wearing not much more than a smile, also a comedian called terry cotta was on he gave a master class in delivery and timing with some good fresh gags.. a singing duo called oxygen was last on and bradley walsh's son was in this and he is the spite of his dad and not a bad singer, so great night in there and met lots of characters.

sunday was the tower, paid £45 on the door, went up to the top and enjoyed the views and the walk on the glass floor, loads going on, watched a kiddies entertainer in the ballroom but the highlight was the circus with about 10 or so acts on , 1 being mr bendy guy which was painfull to watch, i thought the clown was very good but the missus does'nt agree. all in all great value and spent about 5 hours in there and still did'nt see all of it.

last stop was central pier which was packed as the sun was shining, great views of all the building work going on at the sea front which looks like it will be superb when finished.. the rides was very over priced but thats life.

so that was our weekend will post about pontins else where but blackpool is still a great place to go , the sun was shining the streets was busy and the whole family enjoyed it... so if your thinking of going .. go and you will enjoy

cheers

Blackpool
Level Contributor
624 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: this was my weekend

Hi Bobsmiller

Glad you had a great time.

Pontins, it amazes me with their rainbow dingy buildings and if I drive by on my travels, I always think to myself why the hell would anyone want to go there?????

There is nothing appealing from the outside.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: this was my weekend

Hi Bobsmiler, that is an excellent review, thank you so much for posting.

I know what you mean about the bendy man at the circus and the last trick he does just makes you go: ouch. How impressive are the Chinese performers as well.

When you next go to the Pleasure Beach for a show I would recommend HotIce, absolutely superb experience.

England
Level Contributor
2,266 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: this was my weekend

Thanks for your great review, Bob!

:)

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,038 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: this was my weekend

Sounds like you had fun :-)

5. Re: this was my weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 14:32
Get answers to your questions about Blackpool