We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zoo Visit ?

Which Blackpool hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
387 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Zoo Visit ?

Hi,

I'm in Blacpool in a few weeks for weekend. We have been a few times and have stopped a couple of times at Chester zoo on the way up.

Is Blackpool zoo worth a visit as a change ( I know it doesn't compare in size ). We are staying just next door at the Devere hotel so seemed like a good idea ? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Many thanks

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,123 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zoo Visit ?

Have you seen the reviews on TA, BEEECH?

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g186332-…

Blackpool
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Zoo Visit ?

Absolutely the Zoo in my opinion is better than Chester Zoo these days, they have spent millions on it with new enclosures for the Sealions, a great home for the Penguins and judging by all the babies the zoo is producing the animals must be very happy.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
387 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zoo Visit ?

Thanks very much ...yes twixtthepennines, I did see reviews, but last one was over a month ago so wandered if anyone had been more recently.

BlackpoolAloud. thanks for review....looks like I might visit there after all !

Thanks again both

cheshire
Level Contributor
269 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zoo Visit ?

we were there last friday, in my opinion it is worth every penny. the sea lion show is a must and they have a new baby gorilla and baby gibbon to see. my daughter thinks its the best thing in blackpool lol

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
387 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zoo Visit ?

Thank you

It's good to have a up to date review. I'm definately going to go now - am looking forward to it !

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
71 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zoo Visit ?

It's absolutely worth a visit - they've spent a fortune on it and the size is just right to spend a full day there to see everything without rushing. I'd recommend getting there early and making sure you get a leaflet with the times of the various shows and animla feeds on, then plan your day around that.

Don't pay full price on the door. If you pop to the Blackpool tourist office on Clifton Road (near the Town Hall) you can get tickets slightly cheaper, and look out for discount offers in leaflets etc. at your hotel or B&B.

7. Re: Zoo Visit ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2010, 06:37
Get answers to your questions about Blackpool