We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phoenix Hotel, Blackpool

Gloucester
Level Contributor
70 posts
160 reviews
Save Topic
Phoenix Hotel, Blackpool

Have reserved a room for 6 nights at this hotel towards the end of September and have been told that I will have to pay £2 extra per day for a small continental breakfast or £4 extra per day for a Full English breakfast. From what I gather, a full English breakfast is not available until 9.00 a.m. here. Can someone who has stayed there recently tell me if a continental breakfast is available before 9.00 a.m. and if not where I might find a place nearby which does good breakfasts (cereals, toast and cooked) near the hotel - preferably between there and Blackpool North Station as I am intending to do day trips to Manchester and Liverpool while I am there and maybe go and watch the Manchester United vs Bolton match on the Sunday I'm there (September 26th). I may even venture out into the Forest of Bowland for a walk if this is convenient by public transport.

Also, I have read one or two comments suggesting that identity may be required at check-in. At the moment I only have a current passport as ID. Could someone let me know if this would be acceptable if ID is required.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Phoenix Hotel, Blackpool

I can not help with cafes etc, but work in the Hotel trade.

It is normal in Hotels, for them to ask for ID, normaly only if you pay by cash. They need to keep records on who is staying, and if any law enforcement need to check people are traceable via their card issuer, where as with cash, they can not verify your name.

You only need 1 for of ID, Passport, Driving licence, utility bill, bank statement or police warrent card.

If you not a UK resident, you may be required to show passport, or a national idnentity card, what is a legal requirement.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
400 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phoenix Hotel, Blackpool

Why not ask the hotel directly about the breakfast times? The website does state full English 9.00-9.30am - which seems a bit late (and a bit of a tight timeslot!) so perhaps its a misprint?

Phone and email contact details are on their website phoenixblackpool.com/index_files/Tariff.htm

Gloucester
Level Contributor
70 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phoenix Hotel, Blackpool

Thank you both for the tips. I have enquired about light breakfasts at the Phoenix Hotel and not even they are available until 9.00 a.m. They stated that there are cafes nearby which do cooked breakfasts between 7.00 and 8.00. I would prefer a bowl of cereal as well if possible and would like to know if any cafes near this hotel serve up cereals as well as a fry-up or perhaps would it be best to eat cereal bars as an alternative.

4. Re: Phoenix Hotel, Blackpool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2011, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about Blackpool