We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone else not get switch on tickets?

Which Blackpool hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
344 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone else not get switch on tickets?

Hi all,

I didn`t get any tickets for the Big Switch on,gutted!

We are in Blackpool at least 5/6 times a year, sometimes more, and would have loved to get tickets.

I had several family members apply as well for me but I didnt ask enough people!

We will just need to come down the second weekend in September.

Anyone else not get them?

Zip

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone else not get switch on tickets?

Got mine. Have been in our hotel 24years and although a few years ago it was first there on the night.This is the first year I have been successful. It will all be shown on the big screen so u can still watch it.

Blackpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Blackpool
Level Contributor
556 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone else not get switch on tickets?

Got mine!! Offers?

Seriously,really looking forward to it!

It is relayed on Giant screens on the Prom, so you won't miss it.

BLACKPOOL
Level Contributor
224 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone else not get switch on tickets?

Got mine too...although would have preferred to get last years when it was Robbie but wasn't sucessfull on that occasion.

America has lemon laws to enable buyers to return a dud car....Blackpool dosen't have such lemon laws to return a celebrity who dosen't quite measure up to the shine of Robbie Williams...which i personally think is the toughest illumination switch on act to follow....But i'm sure it will be a good night with the other acts appearing too.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
344 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone else not get switch on tickets?

We have decided to come down the switch on weekend anyway, even though we haven`t got any tickets. Big screen for us.

We have prised ourselves away for our usual haunt, The Cliffs and we are going south this time. First time at this hotel so will review when I come back.

I assume the Laughing Donkey will be open so spend Saturday night in there.

Zip

5. Re: Anyone else not get switch on tickets?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 August 2012, 21:35
6. Re: Anyone else not get switch on tickets?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,327 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone else not get switch on tickets?

any idea what time this actually starts tomorrow, and what time will it finish

thanks

8. Re: Anyone else not get switch on tickets?

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
344 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone else not get switch on tickets?

Jade,

You're a touch late, these posts were from last year!!!!

David

Blackpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Blackpool
Level Contributor
556 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone else not get switch on tickets?

2012 register by 15th August, notified by 21st August! 2012

visitblackpool.com/illuminations/2012-switch…

Get answers to your questions about Blackpool