We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Laterooms reliable?

chorley
Level Contributor
9 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Is Laterooms reliable?

Booked a nights stay Sat 1st April at Lynmar hotel High St for two rooms. Could not beleieve that the total cost per room is £20 inc breakfast for 2 people, that is mega cheap to me.

Got my confirmation off laterooms and then showed the website to my sister day after(yesterday).

Yet on lateromms its now showing the rooms are £40 for the night per room and the same rooms are available according to the site.

Can I trust them to honour the price confirmed?

Anyone else dealt with laterooms?

Would appreciate any help on this thanks.

Ste

chorley
Level Contributor
9 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is Laterooms reliable?

Cheers Dave

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
707 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Is Laterooms reliable?

Just for future - it sounds to me like Late

Rooms had probably imnputed the wrong cost. £20 per room sounds too cheap to me. If you would havce turned up & had to pay the higher price, then I am sure that Late Rooms would have to refund the difference. If it is clearly in writing, then legally the booking agency whom confirmed the price must honour it. They have probably tried to shift the blame on the hotelier, for their own error.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Is Laterooms reliable?

For reference, the West Coast ROck Cafe is on Abingdon Street. I've had many meals there and love it. Only problem I see with it though is that there is no lift and it is up a flight of stairs. Price, selection and quality more than makes up for it though!!

CarolineJ

Mentioned in this post
West Coast Rock Cafe
West Coast Rock Cafe
1,519 Reviews
Blackpool, UK
Bolton
Level Contributor
27 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Is Laterooms reliable?

surely laterooms is a booking database not an agent and therefore the hotelier was in the wrong

check laterooms ts and cs

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Is Laterooms reliable?

had a terrible experience in venice summer 2004. Booked an apartment for 2 couples through laterooms rang owner confirmed eta with him. also rang him from venice airport once we arrived - said he would meet us at ferry stop. but he wasn't at meeting point. we walked to address printed from website. told by venetians the address doesn't really make sense. after 2 hours no answer from him. had to walk another 2 hours to find 2 separate hotels with the only spare rooms.

i know these things can happen etc but was expecting some after service from laterooms. they weren't interested kept quoting their small print - the booking is made between customer and client laterooms accept no liability etc -after many calls and emails - was offered a free nights stay at the same apartment - well i didn't want to go through all that again and wasn't planning to go back to venice.

appaling customer service - use at your own risk

16. Re: Is Laterooms reliable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 22:18
Get answers to your questions about Blackpool
Recent Conversations