We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train fairs?

Belfast
13 posts
Save Topic
Train fairs?

Can anyone tell me how much it cost's for an adult return train ticket from Manchester airport to Blackpool? Im having trouble trying to price it on the internet.

Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Blackpool
Blackpool
Lancashire, UK
edinburgh
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train fairs?

hi

with no rail card, around £28

that was with transpennine

express.

but if you go onto martin lewis money saving expert website where you can use the tickety split application (search in the main page) which will show you the cheapest way to get your tickets.

cheers

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,388 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Train fairs?

That fare is a bit exaggerated.

An off peak return to Blackpool North is £21.40, and as far as I can make out, all trains are off peak Buy on the day.

Advance singles may reduce that slightly - though on a random date I couldn't find anything less than £10 each way so a trivial saving for almost total loss of flexibility

Mentioned in this post
Blackpool
Blackpool
Lancashire, UK
3. Re: Train fairs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 July 2012, 23:44
Blackpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Blackpool
Level Contributor
724 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Train fairs?

Cheapest fare is around £14 - two advance singles @ £7. Or £21.40 off peak return

Probably £21.40 gives flexibility needed in case plane is late/ early etc.

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train fairs?

The fares seem so variable,we used to go a lot & were paying £13 return each,after a couple of years' break we tried to buy in advance & were quoted £27 each return from our local station,I have just tried the Train Line for a quote for Saturday 4th August & got quoted 'cheap' singles at £17.40 each!

Belfast
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Train fairs?

Thank you everyone for your replies I think we would be better off getting the off peak return tickets just incase the flight is delayed

7. Re: Train fairs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2013, 06:16