We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blackpool with familys ?

Which Blackpool hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
East Midlands...
Level Contributor
282 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Blackpool with familys ?

Hello

Looking going to blackpool in the main school holidays

Bit worried after watching that 999 whats your emergency, Also about the stag and hens ?

Is blackpool good for familys ?

Which part is good for familys with 10 year old & 13 year old ?

Is there pubs which cater for familys in the evenings ?

Whats the big blue hotel like ? Would rather stop in a bigger hotel or flats instead of b & b, Any good ones or any ones to avoid ?

Any help/advice would be great Thanks

Essex
Level Contributor
27,159 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blackpool with familys ?

I would suspect the fantastic beach would be good for families with children of those ages.

The Blackpool Tower would be interesting to visit.

The Blackpool Pleasure Beach is legendary (and you can find some ticket deals and vouchers - like with Tesco for instance)

http://www.visitblackpool.com/

http://www.visitblackpool.com/events/families

East Midlands...
Level Contributor
282 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Blackpool with familys ?

Thank you for the great help, Will take a look at the links

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Blackpool with familys ?

Blackpool is ace for familys... In the central area you have The Tower & the circus , Madame Tussards Waxworks , The sea life centre, & loads a amusements. A bus ride away you have the zoo , Stanley park, & the model village. Jump on a tram up south shore & you have The Pleasure Beach & Water park.

Loads to do to keep the kidz occupied, there are some family bars that cater for children too on an evening.

Big blue hotel is ok a bit easy out up past the Pleasure Beach & a tram ride down or good 1/2 hr walk into the heart of everything.

If you get a nice BB it can be a lot more of a personal stay... But you need a good one!!

Have a look on here at reviews of

Ash Lodge Hotel

The Hornby Villa

Cherry Tree House

Abbey Lodge

The craimar

Just a few that I know from working with hotelliers that are all good & centrally located.....Emma

cheshire
Level Contributor
264 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blackpool with familys ?

we always do midweek mon to fri and never have any trouble with stag and hens. we stayed at the berkswell apartments last year at south shore. highly recommend. we have a 13yr old daughter who never tires of blackpool there is so much to do. have fun

East Midlands...
Level Contributor
282 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Blackpool with familys ?

Thank you all for your help which is great

Does anyone please know of a map please , Im very confused as I thought the big blue is next to the pleasure beach and I was thinking that is the central part ?? Is this not the central area then ??

Do not really like b&b would rather a hotel or apartments/flats

East Midlands...
Level Contributor
282 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Blackpool with familys ?

Just trying to find where the heart of everything is I thought the area in the pleasure beach was the heart of everything ? Is the heart/central called south shore or north shore ? Which part is it that familys stay ??

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blackpool with familys ?

I would class the stretch between Central Pier and North Pier as the central area with most of the arcades and the Tower complex being in this area with the town centre directly behind the Tower and Coral Island.Past the tower you have North shore where alot of the bigger hotels are situated.As you say the Pleasure beach is down the south end with the South Pier and the Sandcastle indoor pool complex in that area.It is about a 15 minute walk down to South pier or catch a tram or double decker bus down the prom.

The Big Blue hotel is at the bottom end of the Pleasure Beach, I have never stayed there so can't comment, but is one of a number of larger hotels.Travel Lodge and Premier inn have opened in the town. There are hundreds of smaller privately run hotels which on the whole offer a more personal service.

If you collect the tesco points they can be redeemed at number of attractions before you go, failing that booking tickets online works out cheaper.Also there is a resort pass that for one price allows entry into a number of attractions including the Zoo,the tower and circus and the pleasure beach within a 7 day period

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
11,546 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blackpool with familys ?

Molly, I wouldn't worry about staying in the 'central area' as everything is reachable by walking along the Prom or taking a tram. Lots of families prefer to be on the South Shore where the Big Blue and the Pleasure Beach is. It all just merges into one very long promenade and only an issue if you have walking difficulties.

Don't worry about stags/hens, they're usually good humoured, just out to have fun and don't hassle families.

Jules

Edited: 14 January 2013, 16:44
Blackpool
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Blackpool with familys ?

North Shore (Well North of North Pier) ideal if you like it a bit quieter, but you rely more on trams & buses to get about.

Central (Town centre area) Ideal for pubs, bars, theatres and Night clubs, shopping etc.

South Shore, Starts just down from Central Pier - Manchester Square and South. Ideal for Families, as you are convenient for most of the major family attractions, including Pleasure Beach.

Big Blue Hotel, owned by Pleasure Beach, is an excellent four star Hotel, and if your budget allows, I would recommend it. Look out for special offers!

Family bars on South and Central piers etc.

Edited: 14 January 2013, 18:09
East Midlands...
Level Contributor
282 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Blackpool with familys ?

Thank you all for your help much appreciated

So thinking now south shore is best for familys to stay,

we dont walk that much due to son having slight disability

Wanted the big blue but they want over £800 for four days mid-week thats out of our budget, Looking for somewhere around that area now a hotel or holiday flats

Thanks Again

Get answers to your questions about Blackpool