We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blackpool in September

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Blackpool in September

Hi visiting Blackpool after many years- (Prob about 20 yrs ago I was there last)

Ok where is a good place to stay- have a 14 yr old so prob near pleasure beach? Is that South pier? Or which is the best to stay at? (Want something a wee bit upmarket with entertainment in the place- Someone recommended the Viking but no kids allowed.

Things to def go see or shows- again that a 14yr old can get in.

Any other info would be grand

Salford, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blackpool in September

Try the big blue hotel (read the reviews) sounds perfect for you.

Blackburn, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Blackpool in September

Every Friday in September there is a Fireworks competition with competitors from as far as China and Australia. That is always shown on the North pier and it can be seen from a long way, even the south pier. For a more atmospheric evening it would be better to be close to the north pier as there will be many people who will be watching. Quite a few thousand so its great to just be with the crowd and watch the fireworks.

When I did this with my girlfriend, we stayed in a hotel near the pleasure beach, we then walked up the promenade/beach front going into arcades and buying some hot dogs and burgers on the way up. we watched the fireworks and then made our way back down. This did take all night as the arcades can be very entertaining if you aren't too mature.

During the day you can visit the tower, pleasure beach, madame Tussauds, the 3 piers, arcades, blackpool zoo, football match and there is a sea life centre. There is so much to do its best just walking up and down the promenade and just deciding yourself when you get there.

we also stayed at a cheap hotel which wasnt up market so i cant help you on that one.

Salford, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blackpool in September

Steve.You said it all. Brilliant. Hope it helps jamiedodger. Done it ourselves but from the north down.

NORTH WALES
Level Contributor
28 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blackpool in September

Hi, Try and get to see Legends at The Sands Venue.. there will be no problem as your 14 year old can get in (cheaper than an adult actually).. There are 2 different shows a week (non Monday)..Check out The Sands Website for details of who is on when.. We thought the tribute acts really where top notch and The compare Tom Bright is am absolute star (but not blue.. Bevvy is a bit expensive but not much more than any town centre pub.. We didn't eat so can't comment on the food but I think you would enjoy the show, again check out the reviews on here.. PS depending on when exactly you're going have a look at the Blackpoollive site for other shows. Hope this helps

united kingdom
Level Contributor
4,663 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blackpool in September

jammiedodgerScotland Sent you a pm ,,,mazza

6. Re: Blackpool in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Blackpool