We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lytham st annes

merseyside
Level Contributor
115 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
lytham st annes

staying in blackpool a few days would like to go to st annes ,have no car & my companion will be in a wheelchair could you get there on public transport or would you need to get a taxi .the wheelchair will fold up but depending on how high up the step is on the bus ,if its high this would be a problem for the person to get on bus

Leeds.West Yorks.
Level Contributor
600 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lytham st annes

There are buses going to St.Annes and Lytham,, they used to be No's 11 & 11a, not sure if this has changed. The bus steps will be the same height as other buses, there are also plenty of taxis operating in the area, might be an idea to get a price if you ring to book one, then you won't be overcharged. St Annes and Lytham are pole apart from Blackpool (my hubby comes from St Annes, so have been regular visitors for well over 46 years!) Lytham is also a lovely place and very flat for wheelchair users. Hope you manage to get there, enjoy.

Edited: 29 August 2013, 13:55
Kent, England
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lytham st annes

Yes, there are regular local buses from Blackpool to St Annes and to Lytham. When I was there earlier this year, I used the Preston bus, no 68 I think, which calls at both places, then goes on to Preston. It goes down Lytham Road, Blackpool.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lytham st annes

yes you can get the number 7 and the number 11, they both go to st annes and then lytham good idea to get a daypass which are very good value. the number 7 is quickest and i think a nicer journey

Edited: 29 August 2013, 20:20
4. Re: lytham st annes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Blackpool
Recent Conversations