We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blackpool hotels

Tees Valley
Level Contributor
11,907 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Blackpool hotels

Not sure this latest exposé will do Blackpool any favours as it gives the impression of decay and financial depression in the town.

Great to hear that the poll undertaken still has Blackpool as the nation's favourite however.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2570386/Picture…

Jules

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blackpool hotels

Hi Jules,

So sad to see this. And to think still a firm favourite in the UK!! Wish the Daily Mail would play fair and show pictures of recent regeneration too!! I think we all know Blackpool has still a lot catching up to do to attract families/tourists back, and showing pictures like this and inventing a horrible nickname for the resort, does Blackpool no favours!

Lots of our seaside resorts in the UK are struggling, and many have their problems one way or another too!

Shame on you Dailysnail!!! (slimy)

Margaurite

ayrshire
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blackpool hotels

So sad to see. I have many happy memories of staying at the Kimberley hotel with my family.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
4,663 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blackpool hotels

I still go with my brothers and sisters we meet up for reunion once a year ..Am now taken my granddaughter still love it ....mazza

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
351 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blackpool hotels

Thanks for that link Jules, such a sad situation for what used to be a thriving, bustling family resort lets hope it has a big upturn in fortunes. Like a lot of others I have some very happy memories of Blackpool as it used to be but have still managed to go most years and have a good time. Sad to see the Royal Carlton in such a state. Can remember when it was the Vancouver and we stayed there over many years and had some excellent family holidays. It used to be very busy in the evenings with families walking along the prom after tea to the pleasure beach. Sadly that has now all gone with the pleasure beach shutting much earlier there is very little reason for anyone to go down to that end of the resort and am sure has contributed to some of the decline.

However, I will be back again in July and am sure will have another great time. The Blackpool bug is nearly as bad as the Beni bug Jules! Lol

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
338 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blackpool hotels

Got back from a weekend in Blackpool today.

Appreciate it's out of season but the amount of derelict /abandoned properties is depressing. Such a shame.We go twice a year usually but the difference in the place since our last visit was unreal.

6. Re: Blackpool hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2015, 07:16