We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic getaway

South Wales
8 posts
Save Topic
Romantic getaway

Hi, I'm looking for a romantic weekend venue somewhere in the Leicester, Nottingham area. Could be B&B with a good retsuarant near by, or a hotel. Going in Jan, so somehwere cosy please.

nottingham
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic getaway

How about The Red House in Melton Mowbray. It's only 20 minutes from Nottingham (not sure how far away from Leicester but it won't be too far). It looks a really good hotel and I've heard high recommendations for the food served there. The Red House is somwhere I'm considering going. There's a review on this website which sings its praises and after viewing their website I've emailed them with queries which have been answered promptly by friendly staff.

Let me know what you think!

Loughborough
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic getaway

The Place You want to stay is the Rothley Court Hotel. It is on the outskirts of a very popular and expensive village and has lovely grounds in which they put plays on in the summer. It is approx. 7/8 miles outside of Leicester towards Loughborough. My partner and I have stayed there a couple of times and my best friend had his wedding reception there last year.The website is www.rothleycourt.com if you want any further help e-mail me brygartland@yahoo.co.uk. Hope this does not reach you too late. Kind Regards

Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic getaway

At Rothley Court you are also about a 10/15 minute walk from the Great Central Railway. This is a preserved railway that runs between Loughborough and Leicester. It runs old diesels and steam trains. Also at the Leicester end there is a tour bus that will take you round the interesting bits of Leicester. I think this is a seasonal thing though.

You are also about a 15/20 minute drive from Bradgate Park and Beacon Hill. Nice for a walk.

H

middle england
Destination Expert
for Leicestershire, Norfolk
Level Contributor
3,534 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic getaway

Rothley Court is fine - one of the Old English Hotels - ask to see the chapel which is attached to the hotel, and if you go look out for me - I often perform wedding ceremonies there!!

Also consider the follwoing-

Quorn Country Hotel - good grounds down to a branch of the River Soar

Priest House on the River - expensive but an excellent situation right on the banks of the River Trent.

If you go to any of the above, look out for me - I often perform wedding ceremonies there!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic getaway

Sweetpea2005..... Which Red House are you speaking of please .. it isn't in Melton but there are 2 red houses pub/restaurants/hotels in surrounding villages

nottingham
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic getaway

Hi! Just checked this message board and found your query! It's The Red House, 23 Main st, Nether Broughton, Melton Mowbray. www.the-redhouse.com

I'm finding it hard to find reviews of this place - there's only one on trip advisor!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic getaway

Sweetpea... I havent been to that pub/restaurant/now hotel?? for some time.. its on the main Nottingham - Melton road tho- you cannot miss it..I will ask at work if anyone has been recently and let you know..

nottingham
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic getaway

Thanks 'UnsureNow''. It'd be great to hear what people thought. One of my colleagues has eaten there and said it was very good especially considering they just turned up for Sunday lunch. My only concern is it being on a main road and the noise level.