We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which one and where to check

Which Lincoln hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Shropshire UK
Level Contributor
657 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Which one and where to check

Hi have been looking at the Lincoln Hotel and Petwood Hall for a 3 night break in November (anniversary) Which would you choose and why?. Also any recommendations for which site to get the best price.

Wife will be 7 months pregnant so could do with something we can walk to the sites and attractions easily. All suggestions appreciated.

Lardy

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which one and where to check

If you are wanting a hotel within easy walking distance of the sites, the Lincoln is ideal. It is located literally 200 yards from the Cathedral and 400 yards from the Castle. There are also many good restaurants within easy reah on the Bailgate and Steep Hill. I haven't stayed at the Lincoln (because I live here;-)), but I would guess from the interior it is of a reasonable standard. It used to be a Trust House Hotel and then a Post House. So you may get the idea of the likely standard. Mid range.

I don't know why you considered the Petwood. This is located many miles from Lincoln in Woodhall Spa and would involve a long drive each morning to reach Lincoln.

Shropshire UK
Level Contributor
657 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which one and where to check

Many thanks Tim

Looks like the Lincoln is the chioce, can you recommend any particular site for a bit of a bargain?

lincoln
Level Contributor
4 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which one and where to check

I would stay at the Lincoln. It is much improved since it ceased to be part of a chain. I ahve stayed there twice the rooms are nice. i booked with active hotels.

Get answers to your questions about Lincoln
Recent Conversations