We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to eat

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
where to eat

Dropping our daughter off next weekend sun 16th sept at the university where will be good to eat for her last good meal for a while!

Lincoln, England
Level Contributor
88 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to eat

Plenty of nice places at the Brayford water front - everything from burgers to full meals. Pizza and pasta at Ask, Carvery at the Holiday Inn, Portuguese at Nandos, or The Barge is supposed to be nice although I have not actually eaten there - very picturesque especially on a warm day. Failing that there are nice restaurants in the Bailgate (uphill) area - you may need to book at some of these. Nice ones include Browns Pie Shop, Viela and The Wig and Mitre, or you could consider any of the local hotels.

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to eat

If she is staying in University accomodation, you will find you are already in the Brayford area, which is a large marina, with the Odeon cinema, on one side and the Univesity on the other.

As the previous writer said, there are many restaurants on the Brayford itself. For a more upmarked meal, there is the Wig & Mitre and Browns Pie Shop near the Cathedral.

Another idea is, if she wants to fill up prior to the lean University term, there are three good buffet Chinese/Oriental restaurants. The Big Wok on Beaumont Fee, the Laughing Buddha on Silver Street and the Wok n Grill on the river near the Waterside Centre (follow the river from the Brayford, towards town).

Finally, for Italian, try either Zucchinis on Silver Street or for slightly more upmarket experience, Gino's in the Cathedral area.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to eat

thanks for the advice will have a good think about where to go my son mentioned somewhere called Touch opposite chicago rock cafe is it any good

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to eat

Touch is not exactly opposite Chicago Grill. It is on a road called Clasketgate. Chicago Grill is on the adjacent road of Silver Street.

It was refurbished reasonably recently and I haven't eaten there since then. It has been well reviewed by the local paper since its refurbishment. I think it does a buffet at lunchtime.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to eat

thanks for all the advise will now decide where to eat on saturday

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
131 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to eat

thanks for all the advise will now decide where to eat on saturday i mean sunday

7. Re: where to eat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 02:18
Get answers to your questions about Lincoln
Recent Conversations