We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of visiting Cathedral

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of visiting Cathedral

Could anyone please let me know how much it costs to visit Lincoln Cathedral for 2 adults (1 over 60). I have tried to visit the website a few times but cannot access it for some reason.

Thanks for any guidance anyone can give me.

Essex
Level Contributor
28,210 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of visiting Cathedral

I have copied this from the website for you!

Everyone is free to enter and gaze at the glory of the nave; you can sit in the peace of the Morning Chapel or visit the shop. If you want to explore further, we do ask you to pay.

Adults £6

Concessions £4.75

Children £1

If you Gift Aid your payment, this then entitles you to entry with no further payment for the ensuing year.

Essex
Level Contributor
28,210 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of visiting Cathedral

and this:

Why do we ask you to pay?

Well, we’d be happier if we didn’t have to. The truth is that the very beauty of this place has a cost attached. Every time we need to replace a stone or carry out a repair, if we are to take our custody seriously, our stone masons must carve replacements of the same intricacy as the original. This costs a lot. There is then the requirement for the Health & Safety of those who do the work, and we take this very seriously. The money you pay matters and helps us to meet our annual running costs of £3 million and we are very grateful for it. Most of our spending on the building is on the wages of our crafts men and women, including apprentices and those learning traditional craft skills

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of visiting Cathedral

Thanks very much for your response. I still can't access the website for some reason so this is very helpful.

Essex
Level Contributor
28,210 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of visiting Cathedral

You are welcome - but can't understand why you would have a problem getting onto the website? I don't see any problems in my browser and no sign of anything weird or remotely dubious on the site that I could see a reason for any anti-virus to block it! Oh well, the mysteries of the interweb thingy, eh!!

Here is the website anyway, just in case you can link to it from here:

http://lincolncathedral.com/

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of visiting Cathedral

Thanks again, I still can't access the website from my work PC but have managed to do it from home. Maybe my firm have decided to block access for some reason!!

Essex
Level Contributor
28,210 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of visiting Cathedral

More Holy than Righteous, perhaps!!

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost of visiting Cathedral

By the way they do say on the site, if you look they don't charge on Sundays due to having no tours etc.

Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost of visiting Cathedral

Thanks for the info. However, we will be there Friday and Saturday so not relevant for us this time. We may return one day though so will bear it in mind.

9. Re: Cost of visiting Cathedral

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2013, 22:15
Get answers to your questions about Lincoln