We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn?

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,851 posts
304 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn?

Looking for a central decent hotel with parking. I'm getting quoted a very good rate from the Holiday Inn just now. It looks well located for sightseeing. Good call? Any tips?

thanks

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn?

If you're getting a good rate and you are happy with Holiday Inn as a brand, then go for it. It is very centrally located, although just be aware that all the historic bits of Lincoln (Cathedral, Castle etc.) are all located "up hill" and necessitate a walk up the aptly named Steep Hill.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,851 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn?

Hey Tim. I need a good workout anyway, so that sounds just the ticket. Booked!

I've requested a room with a view of the marina. Fingers crossed.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,851 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn?

A quick update: Just back from the Lincoln Holiday Inn which was for us the perfect location right at Brayford Marina, and just a few moments walk from a huge selection of restaurants and pubs. Royal William IV pub was lovely. The hotel was also just a few minutes stroll along the waterside from the main shopping area. We breakfasted at an historic and delightful little tea/coffee shop called Stokes of Lincoln and didn't have any difficulty with the walk up steep hill. I would however recommend the ladies wear flat shoes!

Lovely lincoln. Will definitely be back for another long weekend as soon as possible.

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn?

I'm please you enjoyed your visit.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,851 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn?

Thank you kindly Tim :)

6. Re: Holiday Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Lincoln