We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Liverpool

Which Liverpool hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sweden
6 posts
Save Topic
Hotels in Liverpool

Hi,

I'm going to Liverpool in May and I'm looking for a hotel close to the train station and the Liverpool Empire Theatre (preferably within walking distance), to a reasonable price. Would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Liverpool

The holiday inn, and the marriot queens square, they are about a 2 minute walk to each of these places as they are right next to each other. Both hotels are very nice to. They are also right in the city centre minutes walk to lots of shops, bars and resturaunts

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
717 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Liverpool

You have to realise that Liverpool city centre is pretty small, so any central hotel will do. Even staying at the Pier Head / Waterfront area is only a brisk 10 minute walk away from Lime Street station and the Empire theatre.

Here is a link with some hotels to browse from http://www.liverpoolhotels.com/ - just steer well clear of the Adelphi, for the love of god!!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
350 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Liverpool

Hi Zelda,

If it is a Saturday you are staying, make sure it isn't when there is a football match at home as the hotels seem to book up extremely quickly. We tried to book friends in 6 months ago for May but were told that on that date 12th May Liverpool are playing at home so no hotels in the City Centre are available but as previously mentioned the Marriott and Holiday Inn are fine.

Good look

Gail

Liverpool
Level Contributor
298 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in Liverpool

The Liner hotel is right next to the station.....just been fully refurbished, not stayed there but had a meal there last Sunday and the hotel looks real nice.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
394 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in Liverpool

I'm with Davey, please avoid The Adelphi!!! Nobody would want you to waste your money.

The Holiday Inn and Marriott Queens Square are both good close options as previously stated.

Enjoy your stay

Nikki

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels in Liverpool

I agree I would advise the Marriott City Centre.

Sweden
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels in Liverpool

Thanks for the replies. Holiday Inn seems like a good one.

Sweden
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels in Liverpool

Another question: Does Holiday Inn have WIFI Internet access?

galway
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels in Liverpool

Stayed in both Marriott and travelodge. Both clean and very friendly staff. Both so near the shops which are fantastic you can drop bags off regularly. Marriott does a great breakfast.

10. Re: Hotels in Liverpool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 01:17