We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

liverpool echo arena (nearest train station)

Which Liverpool hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
preston
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
liverpool echo arena (nearest train station)

hiiiiiiiiiiiii

need your help..... can you tell me what is the closest train station to this arena?? and would i need a taxi from outside the staion to get to the arena ( how far is it) and how much approx would it be to get to the arena if i needed a taxi from the station?

Thanks x

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: liverpool echo arena (nearest train station)

Brunswick. No taxis there usually. 10 minutes walk to Liverpool Arena.

across the mersey
Level Contributor
219 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: liverpool echo arena (nearest train station)

Or alternatively James Street to the north of the arena which is no more than a 10 minute walk away. Alternatively if you are coming into the mainline station at Lime St if you take the left exit onto Skelhorne Street from here you can pick up the S1 bus service which runs every 10 minutes and drops you directly outside the Arena at Albert Dock. However whilst very convenient this service does terminate shortly after 6.30pm

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: liverpool echo arena (nearest train station)

The main line statin is Lime Street..loads of taxis...i would imagine £3/4 quid from there..

Brunswick amd james st are on the merseyrail electric service, our version of 'the underground'..

would have to change at eith lime street or via ormskirk...

its not a bad walk through town from lime street

sunderland
Level Contributor
210 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: liverpool echo arena (nearest train station)

Can anyone tell me how much the bus fare is on the s1 bus from lime st station to arena and how far to walk thx.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: liverpool echo arena (nearest train station)

A pittance and a few yards.Really the distances involved are short.Even a cab, door to door, is only going to be a few quid.

across the mersey
Level Contributor
219 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: liverpool echo arena (nearest train station)

A single journey on the S1 is £1.50 and a day rider ticket is £3.00. Having said that it does not run past 7pm so it is no good for people needing transport after an evening concert.

It essentially operates as a loop around all the visitor attractions in the city.

7. Re: liverpool echo arena (nearest train station)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 19:19