We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liverpool to Isle of Man

ontario
Level Contributor
143 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Liverpool to Isle of Man

We need to catch a ferry to Isle of Man,hopefully on Tuesday May 19 early afternoon.We will be staying at an Albert dock hotel.

Just wondering if there is more than one ferry company and how flexible departure times are.

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,800 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Liverpool to Isle of Man

No, I think there is just the one - Isle of Man Steam Packet - go to www.steam-packet.com/SteamPacket/Timetables/ to download the timetables.

Not quite certain what you mean by "how flexible departure times are". Do you mean reliable ?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Liverpool to Isle of Man

There is only one ferry company which the link has been posted. Not sure what you mean by flexible either, as the ferries are a little larger than a man in rowing boat, but the times I have been they have always left on time

Have you also checked out flights to the island which you can get from most UK airports?

across the mersey
Level Contributor
219 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Liverpool to Isle of Man

Just to confirm the Isle of Man Steam Packet Co is the only service operating from Liverpool. The terminal is sited to the north of The Albert Dock and would take 10-15 minutes to walk there.

The company offer a fast craft service which takes 2hrs 30 minutes from March onwards. This compares with the standard ferry journey of 4 hrs plus. I think you will find that there is only one ferry service available on your mid week day of intended travel. I am not sure whether this would be the fast craft or standard ferry service.

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,204 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Liverpool to Isle of Man

Yes the IOM Steam Packet are the only operators,after W/E March 21st/22nd there will only be fast craft on the route until the end of the year,check website mentioned for departure times BUT be aware that these fast craft are notorious for not sailing if the weather is rough,winter or summer.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,580 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Liverpool to Isle of Man

All i can say is dont be late...they wont wait for you..

The terminal is next to the peir head...

From the albert dock no more then 15 min walk/stroll

2 mins in a cab if you get the lights

ontario
Level Contributor
143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Liverpool to Isle of Man

Thanks everyone.

By flexible departure times, I meant is there more than one departure per day.

I will check the links for schedules.

Thanks again: Hectorr

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,204 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Liverpool to Isle of Man

Just a quick look at the timetable shows one departure to the Island on May 19th at 1930hrs.

Somerset UK
Destination Expert
for Devon
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Liverpool to Isle of Man

Can Hectorr get a ferry from Heysham as well?

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Liverpool to Isle of Man

Yes probably but as the guy is also asking about train travel from Manc to the Pool before his trip to IOM he won't have the means of getting to Heysham. Even by car from Merseyside it is a very long way around to Heysham.Not a good route to IOM from South of Preston.

ontario
Level Contributor
143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Liverpool to Isle of Man

Thanks everyone: The ferry schedules didn't really meet our desired times,so we've booked flights with Flybe.

Could anyone tell me where the Liverpool airport is from the Albert dock area and how long to get there by taxi.

Get answers to your questions about Liverpool