We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

canadian family in liverpool

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
554 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
canadian family in liverpool

hello all;besides taking in a couple of games with the much storied liverpool football club we would like some suggestions for what else to see.we will concentrate our activities around liverpool and manchester.I am a HUGE Beatles fan,so I want to know what there is to see.(twice I have hired our own canadian beatles tribute band 'rubber soul' to play at our christmas party,here in cold alberta-and they were FAB) we also want to go to leeds castle--we love english history-medieval -knights-and castles ect.are there any other similar historic sites in the vicinity?we will be in your fair city for 10 days at easter,what will the weather be like?sorry if these questions seem dumb--but I am a tourist after all!!...be kind...the cabinman

liverpool
Level Contributor
912 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: canadian family in liverpool

cabin man quite a coincidence that today is the biggest date in the year for beatles fans as it is the beatles week end when the city centre closes the roads and stages are set up with bands playing all day and night

could I suggst the beatles story which is in the Albert dock,Matthew st an obvious one, the magical mystery tour which takes you around the houses of John,Paul,Penny lane etc we also have the duck tours which leaves from the Albert dock this is fast becoming a must do when in Liverpool we have loads of museums and fine art galleries

Manchester is best by train the services run frequently and puts you right in the centre Nan utd is little further out and they also do tours (if you must) they also have the Lowry which is a great gallery

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
928 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: canadian family in liverpool

You say, "we will be in your fair city for 10 days at easter". Does this mean you are staying in the city for the whole period, or are you able to get away for a number of days? There are lots of great castles in north Wales, but it would take a couple of days trip to see them.

You are aware that Leeds Castle is no where near Liverpool? It is south of London, and has more the feel of a stately home than knights in armour.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
554 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: canadian family in liverpool

hey ron;no I had no idea..I would have driven to leeds,looking for a castle...dumb tourist..and yes we are staying in liverpool the whole time....the cabinman

Sheffield
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: canadian family in liverpool

If you like art there is the Tate and the Walker Art Gallery in Liverpool.

You can go for a trip on a Yello Duckmarine http://www.theyellowduckmarine.co.uk/ which drives round the city, telling you about the city, then drives into the water and sails round the dock. It's great fun, though not cheap.

You could try a trip to Blackpool which is a seaside resort - there's really nowhere else like it. If you want to go to a resort a bit more sedate, then try Southport.

Chester is lovely. North Wales is beautiful - Conway has a castle, as does Carnarveon.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: canadian family in liverpool

You asked about the weather. At Easter it could be anything from snow to a heatwave so come prepared for any eventuality.

Merseyside UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: canadian family in liverpool

You want history etc? You have got to visit our Catheridrals, the Anglican is fantastic. Get on the crpyt tour at the Catholic, the original plans fot that place are amazing and would of dwarfd St Pauls in London. Goto Speake Hall which dates back to Tudor times andis supposed to be haunted! St Georges Hall in the city center opposite Lime St rail station is well worth a visit. If you dont mind a 3 - 4 hour drivr go and see Fountains Abbey & take the guided tour. Its part of our National Trust, click on this link for more info

nationaltrust.org.uk/main/…

Enjoy.