We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Over 30s?

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Belfast, Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
866 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Over 30s?

I know Liverpool is a great place for a night out, but at home in Ireland, it can be hard to find a decent bar/nightclub etc that isnt full of himbo and bimbo "kids". So, can anyone advise of any decent places to check out for a bit of nightlife? And no, we're not all past it, we dont mind 70s/80s/90s/ or even a good house music place (which isnt too young). Failing that a decent bar?

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Over 30s?

Sounds like youd be best in Matthews st, there are loads of bars there all playing different music youll find somewhere you like. But you certainly wont be out of place in Concert sq, I do think the crowd round there is a bit younger but again many bars with different types of music

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
266 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Over 30s?

i would steer clear of concert square IMHO I find it attracts a very young crowd (teens/twenties) - the plastic glasses in a few of the bars also puts me off a bit (I am 39 and woulndt go for a night out, and I dont think Iam oassed it :) ) - mathew street would be a good suggestion - especially Flanagans Apple, (downstairs has live music), the Cavern Pub, and downstairs in the John Lennon (plays lots of 80's music). The White Star is also good for a drink but I dont think they have music on (I am always drunk when I am in there !!). The Grapes often has live music as well - the only downside of Mathew Street is some of the decor is a bit scruffy and you do tend to get lots of Stag/Hens.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,447 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Over 30s?

I would agree with concert sq, but there are a few decent places around there

Jacaranda - Slater St

Alma De Cuba and the Tea Factory are ok..

La Cubanita for a meal and music..

over towards matthew st

Hogshead, Slug & Lettice, The Living Room, the Revolution to name a few...

The thing with Liverpool is that people , on a night out, usually dress to impress..even the odd 30 year old can look like a bimbette once done up...lol

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Belfast, Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
866 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Over 30s?

Many thanx guys. Will print this off and take it with me. HIC! :)

5. Re: Over 30s?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2009, 05:20