We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats Cooking Albert Dock

Which Liverpool hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
266 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Whats Cooking Albert Dock

Havent been to Albert Dock for ages, but having a walk round yesterday in the sunshine, noticed "Whats Cooking" appears to have re opened in new premises - it used to be my all time favorite restuarant (I took my parents there for a meal out of my first pay packet in 1989!) - how long has it been there and has anyone eaten there - I am reluctant to look at Sugarvine as they only allow minor criticisms, and I feel you get a truer picture off TA. - if anyone can let me know that wouldn be great ! Jan

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats Cooking Albert Dock

hi jan,

havnt been there myself, but would think it would be fine..... any restuarant that has survived since the mid 80s deserves some respect... (i do know the one in heswall is still doing the business).. the new one has only been in the docks a few months , they have invested some big money there....the burgers were always great.....let the forum know if you do give it a try...cheers

Liverpool
Level Contributor
350 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whats Cooking Albert Dock

Hi Jan,

It was also my favourite restaurant when it used to be next to Est Est Est so was over the moon when they opened in the Albert Dock, yes the menus are pretty much the same and yes the burgers are the same.

I think they opened about 2 months ago.

Been a few times now.

I checked on their website

http://www.whats-cooking.co.uk/

and if you join the privilege members club you get 20% off your bill. I joined and received the card within a few days. Have dined there since getting the card and had no problems.

Enjoy it.

Gail

Liverpool
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Whats Cooking Albert Dock

I've been to the 80s night they have on a Monday. I'd highly recommend it.

4. Re: Whats Cooking Albert Dock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2009, 05:32