We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet API

Which Liverpool hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Isle of Man
Level Contributor
198 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Easyjet API

We have booked flights on the new Isle of Man to Liverpool service.

Easyjet have asked for API. Having flown with Easyjet in the past to Europe we know what API is and had to fill in the details but as this is a domestic flight do we have to add this imformation to our booking?

Non of the other airlines that fly into or out of the Isle of Man ask for this imformation when booking flights.

As there are number of domestic flights each day out of Liverpool with Easyjet can anyone help?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,146 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easyjet API

Strange one. API is normally required by foriegn governments not the airline who are just obliged to collect it on their behalf.

In saying that what is the problem if they are aking for it to just provide it. If yu have flown before with Easyjet they normally store the API on the website and you can just selct the info you prevously provided.

Why is it such an issue for you?

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
198 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Easyjet API

Don't want to travelling with our passports if we do not have to.

Unknown
Level Contributor
502 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easyjet API

you have to carry your passports as ID on all flights, even domestic ones.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,146 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easyjet API

Not actually true. On domestic flights you have to provide photo ID such as:-

ID requirements - have you got the right one?

ID requirements - have you got the right one?Whether you're travelling within the UK or abroad, you must be able to identify yourself at check-in. But bear in mind that not all kinds of photographic ID are accepted. You can take any one from the list below, but remember that if you are not able to present one of these forms of ID at check-in, easyJet cannot accept you for travel.

UK domestic flights

•A valid passport - an expired passport can be used up to a maximum of two years after expiry

•Valid photographic EU or Swiss national identity card

•Valid photographic driving licence

•Valid armed forces identity card

•Valid police warrant card/badge

•Valid airport employees security identity pass

•A child on parent' s passport is an acceptable form of ID

•CitizenCard

•Valid photographic firearm certificate

•Valid Government-issued identity card

•SMART card

•Electoral identity card

Acceptable form of non-photographic ID:

•Pension Book

Children under 16 years of age travelling on UK domestic flights can travel without photo identification provided that they are travelling with an accompanying adult

In fact even on flights from the EU to the UK they will accept a UK driving licence (as long as you are a UK citizen) to repatriate you if you have lost your passport

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,362 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easyjet API

technically the IOM has its own government, sets its own laws taxes etc...

maybe they just want to keep an eye on who is flying out and back regular..

there has been various reports in the local press off money laundering going on through the islands banks

Unknown
Level Contributor
502 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easyjet API

I was airline staff and my ID was never enough for domestics

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,372 posts
1,663 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easyjet API

I used to travel regularly to the IOM on the plane and in those days no passport or id required.

My brother who lives there now tells me, always take your passport.

UK
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Easyjet API

Agree, if you've got a passport use it, rather than risk any other form of ID. Is the list above current, as I didn't think Pension Books existed anymore. Could be wrong, but it seems like a strange form of ID.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,126 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easyjet API

Most domestic flights require a Passport these days I cannot think of an airline who don't. I have elderly neighbours here in Ireland who can only visit there families in the UK by ferry because they don't have Passports and see no need for them once every couple of years

Flying out of Liverpool the least of your worries should be ID.

Edited: 08 April 2010, 16:22
Isle of Man
Level Contributor
198 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Easyjet API

My wife and her mother have just returned from flying to Liverpool from the Isle of Man with Flybe. My wife used her driving licence and her mother used her bus pass as ID.

Does anyone know if I filled in our API with our passport imformation then could we use our driving licences as ID at check in?