We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel?

Which Liverpool hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chester
Level Contributor
203 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel?

We are going to the Echo Arena for a show in June. Premier Inn at the Albert Dock is booked solid. So thought about the Radison Blu or Hope Street Hotel. Anybody any thoughts? Also would like to go to an Italian before the show, any advice?

UK
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel?

Depends what you are after in a hotel. Price, location, amenities, or just a clean bed for the night.

Closest to Arena are Jurys, Staybridge Suites, Holiday Inn Albert Dock, then the Hilton across the road and the newly opened Hampton Inn, which is about 5-10mins walk away. Also Novotel, Hanover St, a few minutes further away, which has a pool if you're after other facilities.

Radisson Blu is further away - about 15 -20 mins walk to Arena, as is Hope Street Hotel. I'd say of the two Hope St has better choice of places to eat nearby, but Radisson has swimming pool.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,362 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel?

You sound like you want to splash the cash...lol

From the premier Inn to the Raddison...

Whats is your budget?...

There is also the Ibis..the Campanile and Dolby hotel ...

Italian, that again depends on what you want to spent..

Il Forno....Casa Italia....Baco's

check www.sugarvine.com

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel?

Recommend the Hampton by Hilton... Just across the road from Albert Dock/Echo Arena.

step up from the budget norm.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel?

If you want to choose betwen the two, I would go for Hope St Hotel - it's in a great location - although it's about 20 minutes or more walk to the Arena.

As for good Italian restaurants, the Quarter on Falkner St itsn't exactly Italian, but does pizza, pasta and other European dishes - In my experience, the blackboard specials tend to be the best meals.

On the way into town on Bold St, you could try the Italian Club, which is open till about 7pm, so you could have an early meal before the show. It's very relaxed place, whcih makes you feell as though you're in a cafe in Milan. They everything from paninis and salami/charcuterie platters through to roast chicken and pasta dishes - and it's good food and very good value.

Their sister restaurant, Italian Club Fish is also on Bold St, and they do ...erm ... fish. They also have one or two veggie or meat dishes on the menu. I really like it - and they are open all evening.

There are others on and around Castle St, which I have mentioned in a recent thread - so if you search on this board, you should be able to find it.

Chester
Level Contributor
203 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel?

Thank you for your replys. My husband wants to stay in the Radison Blu and I would like the Hope Street Hotel. Are they both the same distance from the Echo? Also is there an Italian called Casa Bella?

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel?

I would say that the Radisson is slightly nearer, but you should be able to check it on google maps if you want to see what the distances are.

Casa Bella is on Victoria St - it's very popular, but I think there are better Italian places.

Belfast
Level Contributor
128 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotel?

Both hotels are about the same distance from the echo arena - roughly 1.5 miles. Personally I would go for the Hope Street Hotel, it is a lovely boutique hotel in a great location in terms of good restaurants, cafes and bars.

If you are after Italian there is The Quarter (mentioned by a previous poster) which is just across from the Hope Street Hotel - the food is fab.

The Radisson i'm sure is a good hotel but in terms of location, you could do better.

I think there was an Italian on Victoria Street called Casa Bella but as far as I know it closed down recently and has been replaced by a bar...perhaps someone else could verify this.

UK
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Which hotel?

I agree the Hope Street Hotel is in a better location, good choice of places to eat and drink nearby. Radisson is at the far end of Old Hall Street, which is mainly taken up with offices and places that cater for the lunchtime trade, in my opinion it tends to go a bit dead of an evening around there.

(Casa Bella, Victoria St, was being changed into something else last time I walked past.)

Chester
Level Contributor
203 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which hotel?

Excellent, thanks guys. Just booked Hope Street Hotel. Will now try to find authentic Italian for early bird meal before our show at 19:30.

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which hotel?

hi maybe sancarlo for your eats .......sancarlo.co.uk/liverpool is the new kid on the block in liverpool above average prices.... but good food mainly italian staff... taxi from your hotel approx 3/4 pounds

.... a ten min walk then to the arena... enjoy...