We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crowne Plaza,Liverpool Airport

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
152 reviews
Save Topic
Crowne Plaza,Liverpool Airport

Looking for advice please on which buses(pref,Arriva) from/to Liverpool City Centre stop outside the Crowne Plaza at the old airport building.

Mentioned in this post
Liverpool
Liverpool
Merseyside, UK
Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,585 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crowne Plaza,Liverpool Airport

the no.80 stops o/s the Crown Plaza opposite Speke Retail Park

it goes from Liverpool Central Bus Station to Speke Airpor/Speke

merseytravel.gov.uk/pdf/…29.pdf

do I assume your work for Arriva, and qualify for free travel etc

Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crowne Plaza,Liverpool Airport

No my Wife uses Arriva for work every day so She has a pass,many thanks for the reply,cheers!

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,788 posts
359 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crowne Plaza,Liverpool Airport

The following busses from town

82 , X1 .

Some 80 bus routes go past n its either the 80 or 80a, just ask the driver, also some 86 routes some stop at Garston about half a mile away , but the ones that go to the airport 86A I think stop outside.

If you are stopping at the hotel before town , the bus stop is right outside with a list of busses..

The quickest rout can soetimes be via Liverpool South Parkway.

Ie hop off the bus and on the Mersey Rail or main line...its 13 mins from Southparkway to Liverpool Central on the train

Mentioned in this post
Liverpool
Liverpool
Merseyside, UK
Little Sutton...
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crowne Plaza,Liverpool Airport

Just a quick report back on our weekend,firstly a big thanks to those who replied to my post,this was our second stay at the Crowne Plaza in the old airport,our views remain the same,a beautiful hotel,we had a superb room with two double beds,spacious & well equipped although there seemed to be quite a bit of dust about,there were two weddings going on there but we had a very peaceful night,unlike last time we decided to dine at Damons,highly recomended by a workmate,just a short walk from the hotel & the food & service was superb,very busy tho',very glad we reserved a table,we enjoyed it so much that we went back for breakfast on the Sunday morning which was also superb,great choice & quality.

We moved into town for the Sunday night as we were going to see Lord Of The Dance at the Echo Arena & had booked the Sunday night at the neighbouring Staybridge Suites,another great room,very different to the CP being very modern in style,fully equipped kitchen & a great view of the shipping on the river & the 'big' wheel.It was a beautiful day so we had a wander around the Albert Dock which we hadn't done for some years,pleased to see the Pump House looking so smart & different & with drinks at reasonable prices unlike soom nearby bars!

The evening was our main reason for the trip but sadly was the down point of the trip(well apart from the rain on Saturday & Monday),we went to the Red Hot Buffet in Liverpool 1,we had been once before at lunchtime,recomended by the same person who told me about Damons,he did warn me to avoid it at night,we wished we had as it was so packed that getting near any of the food was near impossible with many dishes often running out,that was followed by the show,we have seen Lord Of The Dance a number of times over the years but my Wife insisted on seeing Michael Flattery back in the lead role,not surprisingly after all these years he was,in both our opinions,a pale shadow(except for the extra weight!) of the dancer we have watched so many times on the video of the show,on top of that I have to say that we are not impressed with the venue,so cold with all that concrete,the most uncomfortable chairs I've sat in for years,poor choice of drinks at silly prices,not to mention that the tickets for the show were almost double what we paid for the same show(minus MF of course) at the Liverpool Empire last year.

Despite that we thoroughly enjoyed spoiling ourselves for the weekend,thanks to all for helping,cheers!

Mentioned in this post
Echo Arena Liverpool
Echo Arena Liverpool
1,062 Reviews
Liverpool, UK
Albert Dock
Albert Dock
14,218 Reviews
Liverpool, UK
Liverpool
Liverpool
Merseyside, UK
5. Re: Crowne Plaza,Liverpool Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2011, 05:21