We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

liverpool hotel

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
637 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
liverpool hotel

I need advise from Liverpool peoples.

I want to reserve an hotel in Liverpool. I've been there twice: once at the Gladstone and once at the Thistle. The Gladstone is well situated just near the Lime station, but it is not a so good looking inside and outside and the area is not very nice. The Thistle is more comfortable and more modern but it is far from Albert Dock and Matthew Street.

Now I am going with 3 girls and we are looking for a budget place. What to choose from: Ibis Hotel, Holiday Inn Express, Premier Travel Inn, The Campanile or Dolby hotel ??? All of them near Albert Dock. Which is better ? Help please.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
503 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: liverpool hotel

Both the Premier Travel Inn at Albert Dock and the Holiday Inn Express at Albert Dock are recent conversions of the original dock buildings themselves and have a bit of character as a result. The rooms retain the cast iron and brick vaulting of the original wharehouses into which they have shoe-horned perectly adequate budget hotel style rooms. The others such as the Ibis, Campanile and Dolby are fairly soul-less modern buildings and both the Campanile and Dolby are a bit further away. If booking the Premier Travel Inn or Holiday Inn Express make sure you specify the Albert Dock locations because they do have other hotels in the city.