We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Weekend in Liverpool

Leeds
Level Contributor
56 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic Weekend in Liverpool

Hi, my husband and I and traveling to Liverpool at the beginning of December for a weekend away without our daughter and before our second baby arrives in March next year. We have never been to Liverpool before and would like some hints and tips on what to see and do. We are staying at the Hilton in the centre of the city. We like most things but mostly we are looking for a nice relaxing romantic weekend away. We like to eat in nice restaurants so any recommendations there would be nice too. As I can't drink we are not bothered about pubs and clubs.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Weekend in Liverpool

You should have a wonderful time on your first visit to Liverpool. There is plenty to see and do, from visiting the Albert Dock, to shopping in Liverpool1. There has been plenty of advice on previous threads. As for restaurants, depending what you like there is Il Forno [Italian} to Sapporo Tepanyaki {Japanese} which is next door on Duke St near to the Anglican cathedral, I'm sure other posters will give you their recommendations.

Have a great time.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
400 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Weekend in Liverpool

If the weather is nice, you could consider doing a mersey ferry cruise, either along the Liverpool waterfront or further afield along the Manchester Ship Canal?

www.merseyferries.co.uk/Content/Cruises.aspx

A short trip out of Liverpool is Formby Point, nice for gentle walks and spotting red squirrels.

www.redsquirrels.info/formby_squirrels.html

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Weekend in Liverpool

It would be a good idea to search this forum for all the posts on things to do in Liverpool - and then come back to us with more specific questions. It's very hard to recommend things when we don't know what you like doing. It's also hard to recommend "nice" restaurants, when we don't know the type of food you like and the amount you want to spend. I've made lots of recommendations for restaurants on this forum, so I'm sure you will find them if you use the search engine.

One thing I will say is - you must go to see Anthony Gormley's "Another Place" on Crosby beach - very atmospheric and romantic, and you could combine it with the trip to Formby Spion suggests above.

Many people would not see the city this way, but I think Liverpool is a great choice for a romantic weekend away

UK
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Weekend in Liverpool

There are great views from the Anglican Cathedral Tower, it costs a few pounds, you get a lift up most of the way and then walk up a flight of stairs. Definitely worth a trip. Also the big wheel, next to the Albert Dock provides views across the city and beyond, by the time you visit the Christmas lights will be on, so it should be even prettier.

Haven't seen a list of what is on in the city centre in December, but if you check out www.liverpool.com you should find out a bit more.

The Mersey Ferry is worth a trip, but definitely wouldn't do the ship canal tour(not sure if they run that in the winter) as it takes hours and hours.

There are a great assortment of places to eat, Hope St has a good selection of independent places, you may have to book some in advance given that its the party season.

5. Re: Romantic Weekend in Liverpool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2011, 05:17