We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Book online with stayliverpool.com at your own risk!!!

Yarm, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Topic
Book online with stayliverpool.com at your own risk!!!

I found stayLiverpool.com which looked ideal for my birthday celebrations with 14 of my friends travelling from all over the country. I booked two 5 bed Spectrum apartments with ease online about a month before arrival, and received my booking confirmation by email minutes after. It cost me £380 up front but I didn't mind due to the rooms looking so nice. I had a phone call from one of the stayLiverpool representatives about 2 weeks after who gave me some unexpected bad news of the apartments I had booked being unavailable as they were booked up before my request went through. He then went on to say they have upgraded me for their mistake and we were now to stop in two 5 bed Mount Pleasant apartments. This deal sounded too good to be true as the rooms were bigger and better, we also got offered free breakfast for everyone. Very happy I eagerly awaited my stay in the apartments. On the morning of our stay as we were travelling down I rang stayLiverpool to confirm a time we would be arriving, checking where to park, etc. The guy on the phone sounded puzzled why I had not had a phone call explaining a new bombshell they were about to drop on me! Apparently someone should have rang and told me that now there were no Mount Pleasant apartments, so in other words no more apartments available to us! He tried to push me into staying a nearby hotel which apparently also had two 5 bed apartments. My friend who lives in Liverpool went to check it out and found out they had no 5 bed apartments and only 5 double bed rooms, all on different floors and no breakfast. So I had an apartment change 2 weeks after my booking went though, then a complete disaster of no more apartments with no call to tell me, they then lied about the local hotel having 5 bed rooms then were very reluctant to give me my refund! To add to all this they then told me this is standard all over the world and that all apartments/hotels will over book as they guarantee on cancellations!!! What a load of rubbish! I was well and truly gutted my birthday weekend had been ruined and it could have been avoided if they were honest in the beginning! My advice would be to not book with them unless you don't mind the risk of being let down on your arrival!!!!!!!!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Book online with stayliverpool.com at your own risk!!!

That's really bad - what did you do in the end?

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,579 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Book online with stayliverpool.com at your own risk!!!

Well please post the review on the review section...

I would also contact trading standards 01512333000

and the Liverpool Echo

You have been treated disgracefully !!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Book online with stayliverpool.com at your own risk!!!

Really sorry that you where let down by this group. As other posters have stated slate them on the reviews forum BUT hopefully you will return to Liverpool and allow the forum users, guide you on a decent place to stay. Hope to see you return

4. Re: Book online with stayliverpool.com at your own risk!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2011, 06:53