We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

Norway
Level Contributor
980 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants

Hi,

I've found a couple of restaurants that sound interesting, but haven't been reviewed on TA: Da Capo on Bixteth St. (3 good reviews on Yelp), and Sahara on Arrad St. Has anybody ever dined at one or the other (or both)? If so - what's the food, service, and ambience like?

Liverpool
Level Contributor
282 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

I have dined at sahara, I thought the food was nice, well priced and it had a family feel to the place. It's a byo (bring your own alcohol) place so that helps keep the price down, think I had spicy sausage for starters and a chicken stuffed with rice for main. A 'home' cooked feel to the place, I really enjoyed the whole experience.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants

I've eaten at the Sahara, and it's great. Better quality middle eastern food than in most places, and a few more unusual dishes on the menu. So long as you avoid the curry dishes, you will be fine. It's a bargain, the cooking is good, the people are nice and you can take your own alcohol.

Norway
Level Contributor
980 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants

Sahara sounds great in all ways. We'll have to try it out, especially the more unusual dishes. I also like the idea of bringing our own alcohol - it's illegal in Norway!

By the way, I see the first review of Sahara here on TA appeared yesterday - and it's a positive one.

Edited: 30 October 2010, 13:35
Wales-GB
Level Contributor
232 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants

im hoping to go to the sahara next month, emailed them to double check BYO still applies and it does, menu looks lovely so fingers crossed it will be nice, will def post a review on here if we do go. x

5. Re: Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2011, 06:32