We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
161 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Help

There is ten of us coming to liverpool for a night 30+ age can any one recommend any pubs with our era of music none of the bangging rubbish thay play now or just good pubs ??? aun help would be great!!! THANKS ps its for a saturday night

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,505 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help

Would say Concert Sq / Wood St / Seel St

Would also say Matthew St / Victoria St...

But you also dislike banging rubbish...dont really know what to say except..earplugs..??

Wirral
Level Contributor
75 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help

There are quite a few different areas within Liverpool centre depending what you want.

Albert Dock has some good bars but can be pricey. Palm Sugar is a lovely bar based in Liverpool One.

Mathew Street usually gets the tourist crowds and has an Irish bar and The Cavern Club.

I agree with Gazefc about Concert Sq, Wood Street & Seel Street.

Alma de Cuba is a great bar in an old church. The Shipping Forecast is another good place on Slater Street.

There is something for everyone in Liverpool and I'm sure you will have a ball.

Kate

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
161 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help

Thanks for your replys we will try then and im sure we will have a good time . cant wait!!!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help

I might be wrong, because I don't know what you would describe as being your era of music (lots of music from the 90s I would describe as "banging rubbish!) - but I think places like Concert Square, Palm Sugar, Alma de Cuba etc will all be playing stuff you won't like - and really loudly!

There are Irish and 70s/80s bars in Mathew St, as already mentioned. There are lots of good pubs - Rigby's on Dale St, Fly on the Loaf on Hardman St, and all the quirky ones around Hope St (Ye Crack, the Belvedere, Philharmonic, Everyman) and the bar downstairs at the London Carriageworks (which has a jazz clubby feel to it and good for late drinks).

If you can be more specific about your taste in music and the type of atmposphere you want, we may be able to give you more tips

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,505 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help

I think all pubs play music loudly..The Grapes on Matthew Street was one to remember, it was uncomfortable in there some nights..

I would imagine the like of 'fudge' or whatever its now called now on Wood St is the places that the op wants to stay away from

6. Re: Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2011, 05:17