We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sophisticated hen do

YORK
Level Contributor
203 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sophisticated hen do

Hi

Wonder if anyone could please help, Group of 12 ladies in 30's and early 40's going to Liverpool for the 1st time for a Hen do. Def dont want tacky but would like to go somewhere for a nice meal not too expensive, but nice fun surroundings, not sure if anyone could please sugges somewhere?

By the way we are stopping at Albert Docks and the Hen do's in May.

Many thanks for any suggestions

Di

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
268 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sophisticated hen do

try looking at the supper club at blundell street - its ideal for hen do and is only a 5 min walk from Albert Dock

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sophisticated hen do

I agree with the above, good food, good entertainment, and the venue turns into a disco close to albert dock, of course for the more adventurous its not far into the city centre either, you should book

christakis greek restaurant is good for hen do too, bellydancer plate smashing and disco

shangrilla chinese with kareoke etc......

Liverpool
Level Contributor
20 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sophisticated hen do

There is a nice Thai restaurant in Chevasse Park (Liverpool 1) with a good cocktail bar next door, Palm Sugar.

The Albert Dock has a really informal but quiet wine bar called Vinea you might want to check out as you are staying there.

My favourite area is up on Hope St. The Greenwich Village of Liverpool but maybe not suitable for a big girly do!!

Have a lovely time in our elegant city!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
20 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sophisticated hen do

There is a nice Thai restaurant in Chevasse Park (Liverpool 1) with a good cocktail bar next door, Palm Sugar.

The Albert Dock has a really informal but quiet wine bar called Vinea you might want to check out as you are staying there.

My favourite area is up on Hope St. The Greenwich Village of Liverpool but maybe not suitable for a big girly do!!

Have a lovely time in our elegant city!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sophisticated hen do

Can you tell us what you mean by fun surroundings? Do you mean a restaurant which provides entertainment? Or just a restaurant with a good atmosphere near to other bars etc? It would also help if you could give us an idea of the type of food you might like and the budget.

I have to say that Blundell St is full of Hen nights and I think it might be exactly what you are trying to avoid...

across the mersey
Level Contributor
219 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sophisticated hen do

You could try the following

http://www.alma-de-cuba.com/homepage/

Its about a 15 minute walk from where you are staying. The building is a converted church and will meet your requirement for fun yet sophisticated surroundings. On Saturday nights there is entertainment in the form of brazilian dancers ending with a petal drop from the balony. The web site provides you with more information,

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,598 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sophisticated hen do

La Cubanita is the place for you

http://www.lacubanita.co.uk/index.php

Cheshire
Level Contributor
327 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sophisticated hen do

The OP said they wanted a nice meal, La Cubanita is the last place I would suggest if they want good food. I suggest reading the reviews on here, they can't all be wrong.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,598 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sophisticated hen do

I have looked at the reviews, gbp , and yes they are mixed..you went there in 2008, and your review states what you have found..They are not all bad, I have eaten there 3 times and the food and entertainment where good...

But, can you trust the reviews on the liverpool restaurant board..??

I wont as long as 'that greek place' is at the top !!

west midlands
Level Contributor
946 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sophisticated hen do

went to supper club last week it was ok,if you have the time and fancy a change,get a combined ticket head out first to see the anthony gormley installation at crosby,then onto see the village of port sunlight and the lever museum,fascinating and free,then carry on to hamilton square and get the ferry back to liverpool ,ferry provides approx 30 minute trip with commentary,all can be done in half a day,we did it last week and loved it,could be an idea for those who fancy a change,also there is loads to do in liverpool.

could even get the train to chester or cheshire oaks,

Get answers to your questions about Liverpool