We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours from Liverpool

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Topic
Tours from Liverpool

We are a group of 8 ppl (age varies between 18-38yrs) coming to Liverpool begining of Feb and staying near Albert Docks for 5 days.

We were thinking of going out of Liverpool on two days one of them to Snowdonia National Park and the other to the Lake District (mainly Windermere). Any travelling suggestions? I have checked with nationalexpress.com coaches but they seem very expensive and the times are not convenient (we don't mind leaving early). I read that Snowdonia/Conwy castle can be reached by train but don't know about Lake District. Would it be convenient to rent a van for both days? how long would it take? do you think it would be more expensive?

any suggestions would be welcome...thank you

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours from Liverpool

Additionally, I have just discovered that the 500 Airport bus is probably not convenient for us....what would be the better travelling option from the airport?...we're staying in Duke street

thank you

Liverpool
Level Contributor
350 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours from Liverpool

Harding tours operate out of Liverpool on day trips here is their website.

www.hardingstours.co.uk/TourList.aspx…

I cant see Snowdonia National Park on their website though.

Gail

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,448 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tours from Liverpool

Van rental is a good idea, people carrier can give you options..

Lake District is about 2.5 hours drive...

Snowdonia similar distance...

The local mersey rail system can be a good thing to look at..It can get you to Southport and Chester

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tours from Liverpool

thank you for the suggestions....I think that our best option would be to hire a van since Harding tours don't offer any tours on the dates we're there and the trains would cost us more and are more hassle.....what would be the best travelling route when going to Windermere and Conwy castle?

However we don't know yet if we're going to hire the van for the whole 5 days, since we're not going out of liverpool on the other days....how can we arrive to Duke Street from the airport? should we pre-book a taxi since we're going to be 8 or there would be available bigger taxis at the airport?

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
18,967 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tours from Liverpool

This trip has been answered recently

tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g186337-i414-k41207…

6. Re: Tours from Liverpool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2012, 06:19