We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liverpool Based Day Excursions Coach Company

Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Liverpool Based Day Excursions Coach Company

Wanting to come to Liverpool this summer, but would also like to go to York, Wales and Scotland on day trips. Does anyone know of a

Liverpool Based Day Excursions Coach Company. Many thanks. Italian student.

UK
Level Contributor
475 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Liverpool Based Day Excursions Coach Company

Hi Dora

Hardings Tours do day trips from Liverpool. Their summer schedule will be out in April, here's the website;- www.hardingtours.co.uk

Scotland is too far for a day trip really, you can get short breaks (3 or 4 nights) which includes local pick up by coach with www.shearingsholidays.com but bear in mind your companions will be on the 'mature' side!

Good luck!

Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Liverpool Based Day Excursions Coach Company

Many thanks Gill you have been a great help.

Kind Regards.

UK
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Liverpool Based Day Excursions Coach Company

Dora,

You can easily organise a day trip to York by train - there is a direct train from Liverpool to York, which takes approximately 2 hours 45 minutes ( see Transpennine Express website http://www.tpexpress.co.uk ).

UK
Level Contributor
475 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Liverpool Based Day Excursions Coach Company

You're welcome Dora!

Have a great trip.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
298 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Liverpool Based Day Excursions Coach Company

Try GB Tours from Birkenhead, they do tours to York and Scotland with pickups in central Liverpool.

Little Dunmow...
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Liverpool Based Day Excursions Coach Company

Hi, Dora - I couldn't find out how to make contact with you with reference to the Royal Star cruises - so excuse me for writing to you under the wrong heading!

I was really pleased to read your comments (posted Nov. 26 to Eddy) - I found them very helpful. I have booked independently just for the 9-day Magic of Madagascar cruise. I've travelled all my life, so am used to either arranging things independently or to "reading between the lines": hence, I wasn't impressed with ASC's hotels or other offers (I am combining this with a 3-day safari and a week at The Sands At Nomad in Mombasa! I am most grateful for the info on the shore excursions - I will definitely now book on shore. As I am a serious photographer, I am going specifically for the photography and to be able to tailor-make a tour of each stop is great! How did you go about this? Are there individual operators milling around the dockside as you disembark, or "offices" (read "shacks"!) - in other words, how did you book up the excursions and how did you know which were trustworthy offers? I take it you did the same cruise, so this can be done at each port of call? Could you give me any reports on the excursions you did take (content, transport, guides etc)? Also, vis-a-vis paying for the on shore excursions, which currency is best?

I also noted the comments by Teeside Traveler (Nov 16th 05) regarding the bagging of sun beds on board - did you also find this an issue? Having read in ASC's blurb the alarming "if left for more than 20 mins, will be handed in as lost property", I am v. worried about my things if I wander off to do some photography for more than 20 mins! Is it worth speaking to the Purser about this (i.e. does he have the authority to permit me to leave my things by a sunbed?)? Otherwise, having had lifelong experience of the 5.00am German "towel run", I can foresee problems (groan!)! Also, do they provide adequate towels for sunbathing/swimming, or should I bring my own?

I'm also going alone, but as an "oldie" myself, I'm not interested in evening entertainment, and would hope for just some good company and conversation. Did you have any trouble joining up with other couples?

I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Fiona