We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

match day car parking liverpool fc

Liverpool, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
match day car parking liverpool fc

found a cracker place to park when the reds are at home there is a bingo the other side of stanley park, paradise island its called.

ive parked there the last 3 home games and its spot on i didnt get jammed in and it only cost a fiver. its better than paying the kids to "mind yer car mister" on the street.

It took me approx 10mins to walk to the ground straight through stanley park the best bit is that it dosnt get chocker so i can get in at 2.45pm so im not hanging around all afternoon.

the address is:

paradise island bingo, carisbrooke road, walton, L4 3QU.

YNWA.

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,427 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: match day car parking liverpool fc

I would be very careful parking here, most similar places in the area, and there's quite a few, all threaten to clamp your car unless you are actually inside either the shop/restaurant or club

as this bingo hall is a stones throw from Goddison, the surronding streets are also part of the residents permit parking scheme, again you can get a ticket here

you have ben warned

Liverpool, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: match day car parking liverpool fc

Its the bingo club themselves who you pay the £5 to, Its all official and there is signs on the wall stating the fact you can park on here if you pay them. I appreciate your concern pal, But i promise its all legit i have there permission to park there, as i say as long as you pay them a flim.

The last thing i would want was a fellow red clamped or towed.

ynwa.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: match day car parking liverpool fc

I'm amazed that no-one has mentioned parking at Asda Breck Road. There are no parking restrictions here, has a massive well lit car park and is safe. Plus its 15mins walk from the ground. I live around the corner and the car park is always half full - even on match days.

Dont park on Whitefield Road as there are 2 matchday parking places opposite each other on this street. I have literally seen a line of smashed windows further up the road from these car parks....you do the maths.

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: match day car parking liverpool fc

the bingo has been used for match day parking for years its even better placed for Goodison only 5 mins away safe and no hassle parking

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
717 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: match day car parking liverpool fc

Paradise Bingo is fine. I know the guys who run the parking scheme on matchdays (as they all work for the company), so all is legit.

Edited: 13 June 2012, 12:52
UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: match day car parking liverpool fc

I'd like to give another plug to Edinburgh Park Docker's Club. A fiver and it's secure (and legit). About a mile from the ground. It is only the parking revenues keeping them open so we always park there.

Save Reply
7. Re: match day car parking liverpool fc

Can you still park there? Is it open for midweek fixtures?

UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: match day car parking liverpool fc

Hi Kirsty

Yes the Docker's Club is still open. We are parking there for the game, tomorrow :0)

There are several people offering parking on waste land near to the ground, I would avoid them as they do not own the land themselves so you risk a parking ticket.

CP

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,599 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: match day car parking liverpool fc

Actually a lot of private land clamping is now banned, and some of these private parking companies 'fines' aren't that legally enforceable, but I think the October law change is a major step forward for the better.

UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: match day car parking liverpool fc

Yes, I wasn't talking about clamping but local authority traffic wardens issuing tickets. The scam has been to 'rent' space on waste land at the end of a street but still within the residents parking zone.