We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

some more questions on Liverpool ...

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
some more questions on Liverpool ...

Hello! Im back again with some more questions!

Im flying out of Toronto into Manchester and then renting a car into Liverpool with my two sons. Im curious about the outlets in Europe. I will be bringing several things that need to be recharged or plugged into an outlet to operate (portable DVD player, cell phone). I know there are adaptors that can be purchased but is there a specific type I might need for the U.K.? And my last questions is ... are there any Starbucks in Liverpool? My son is addicted to Starbucks and can't go a week without it!

liverpool
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: some more questions on Liverpool ...

Hi, you can buy a normal UK adaptor from the airport I am sure. There is a Starbucks on Bold st in Liverpool, near Central Train Station. Have a great trip.

Chris

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
503 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: some more questions on Liverpool ...

Important that you distiguish between an adaptor and a (voltage) converter.

Standard UK Sockets have three rectangular pins see:

http://kropla.com/!g.htm

You will need a simple adaptor that matches this so that your power cord can be connected. These should be readily available, probably at the airport, and should only cost a few pounds/dollars. An adaptor for use in the UK should ideally be fused with a small ceramic fuse.

UK Current is 230-240 Volt so unless your appliances are rated for this voltage, rated for variable voltages (many phone rechargers are) or capable of being switched you will also need a voltage converter. Converters are a more expensive proposition but not as expensive as the consequences of connecting a 110 Volt appliance to a 230 Volt outlet!

liverpool,england
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: some more questions on Liverpool ...

Hi, coming to Liverpool try www.visitliverpool.com gives a lot of info on things to do / places to visit. If your sons like football try a tour of Anfield football ground ( Liverpool football club ). If you or your sons like the Beatles try the Magical mystery tour. Anyway no matter what you decide to do while you are in Liverpool you are sure to enjoy yourself and the city.

Tony.

Liverpool, England
Destination Expert
for St. Pete Beach
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: some more questions on Liverpool ...

There is also a Starbucks on Castle Street which is not far from the Pier Head if you are heading down that way

London
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: some more questions on Liverpool ...

Sorry to be such a hopeless caffeine addict but I am visiting soon and wondering is there a caffe nero or costa coffee anywhere in town nowadays?

thanks!

UK
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: some more questions on Liverpool ...

exiledScouser

2 x Cafe Nero, Castle Street and Whitechapel

2 x Costa Coffee, Bold Street and in Waterstones Bookshop, Bold Street (plus, I think, one opening in the new "Met Quarter" shopping centre on Whitechapel.

Oh what a homecoming!

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: some more questions on Liverpool ...

hi there exiledscouser you will be pleased to know that the pool now has plenty of coffee houses.. off the top of my head there is a few starbucks as mentioned above ,cafe nero are in castle street and whitechapel.costa in waterstones bold street... sure there are a few more as well even m&s has good coffee these days.. enjoy!!

London
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: some more questions on Liverpool ...

brilliant, thanks for the info. I won't have to wander around looking for the coffee places i like to feed my unhealthy habit! am looking forward to seeing how the centre of town has changed

Liverpool, England
Destination Expert
for St. Pete Beach
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: some more questions on Liverpool ...

Also Coffee Union on Exchange Street and Bold Street

Nice bagels too

liverpool
Level Contributor
912 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: some more questions on Liverpool ...

ok who prefers starbucks to nero ? I personally prefer nero I think they serve the coffee at a higher temp and a little stronger it is great that you now have good choices as you stroll around the city centre also do not forget the Starbucks in the Borders bookshopin Speke