We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Impressing New Swedish Boyfriend!

London, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Impressing New Swedish Boyfriend!

Ha ha, bet that got you interested. My boyfriend is Swedish and lifelong Evertonian. I would like to take him to see Everton v QPR for the first home game this season. My questions are: (1) would tickets for the game be readily available, (2) any suggestions for a decent hotel (3) I see that the Cavern has a Beatles Tribute night on that night, is this worth buying tickets for (pls say yes!!) and (4) any restaurant suggestions for Friday evening/Sunday lunch? Many thanks.

UK
Level Contributor
62 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Impressing New Swedish Boyfriend!

Sounds great, perhaps if you could people a little more date, detail, budget and location for the tribute night might be helpful. perhaps if you look at the everton fc website as a starter for 10.

Happy to help if i can

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,427 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Impressing New Swedish Boyfriend!

No offence meant, but generally getting tickets for Everton's games is far easier then getting Tickets for Liverpool

as AndreaUk states, I'd check out EFC web page, usually tickets go on sale about 4-6 weeks before a game, there's usually a "general sale" slot about 2-3 weeks prior to a game

as for a decent Hotel, the worlds your oyster in Liverpool, it will depend on what you want to pay, there's plenty of hotels

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Impressing New Swedish Boyfriend!

You wont have a problem either way, but to impress your boyfriend...

Before and after the game drink up by the ground..let him meet and drink with fellow Evertonions...

Plenty of pubs by the ground...That would impress me...!!

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Impressing New Swedish Boyfriend!

Thanks for that - if we get tickets, we will certainly start by having a few drinks before the game. The match is on 20 August and I think my research shows that there is a tribute act on at the Cavern that night - worth getting tickets for I wonder? Budget-wise I was hoping for something around the £100 (per room) a night mark - would we get something decent for that price do you think? Also if anyone could recommend nice restaurants for Friday night/Sunday lunch that would be great. Thanks so much for your replies thus far.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Impressing New Swedish Boyfriend!

What type of food do you like, what atmosphere are you after and how much do you want to spend?

Jersey
Level Contributor
280 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Impressing New Swedish Boyfriend!

Being the first home game of the season it should be a sell out, so get tickets off the Everton official website. Pre drinks on county road, plenty of decent pubs before and after the game. The Hilton Liverpool 1 is in a great location, and the hotel is good for a weekend break, to do a bit of shopping and all the best restaurants are within walking distance, Albert Dock is facing, and if you have nice weather, it’s a great place for lunch and to soak up the atmosphere. For something special try the panoramic restaurant 34 floors up, the views are fantastic, and the food is good. Try and book the stadium tour if it’s available on the Friday (not sure if it is on the Sunday after the game). I have stayed in a lot of hotels in the city, and like to try and stay around Duke Street area, Base2day is a great modern hotel, some decent one bedroom apartments around this area. Well good luck and hope the blues win for you both

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Impressing New Swedish Boyfriend!

Check the likes of Laterooms for deals. Loads of places round the city to eat. From cheapcand cheerful to expensive.

The Cavern is worth a look but there will be so many places to keep you amused you will be spoilt.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
15,234 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Impressing New Swedish Boyfriend!

On match days a lot of Everton supporters meet up for pre-match drinks at the Ship & Mitre (dozens of different real ales and foreign lagers/beers) on Dale Street in the city centre, then catch the Soccerbus to Goodison Park from around the back of St Georges Hall or get a taxi to the ground.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
301 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Impressing New Swedish Boyfriend!

tickets will be easy to get. they go on sale 3 weeks before a game at the latest. get them in the park end. take him to theroyal oak on county rd for a good everton match day drink 200 yards from the ground.

London, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Impressing New Swedish Boyfriend!

Thanks to everyone for their replies and suggestions. Tickets now secured and we are so looking forward to our weekend. COYB.