We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lark Lane

Level Contributor
17 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Lark Lane

Recommendations please

My wife and I plan to eat in Lark Lane area one Sat in Dec.

Medium price, British, French, Italian cuisine.

She does not eat meat.Fish OK

Thanks

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,505 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lark Lane

Keiths Wine bar does a good vegie selection..

Moon ans Pea I think was good...not been there in a while..

There is a good chippy on Lark Lane if all else fails !!

Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lark Lane

Try the Chy Restaurant if you like Chinese fayre. I am sure you won't be disappointed.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lark Lane

I'm not sure if I could recommend a decent British, French or Italian place on Lark Lane. I used to love Keiths, and it does a wide variety of food (although not particularly British, French or Italian) - but it has really gone down hill over the last couple of years. The atmosphere is great and the wine is very good value - it might be worth giving the food a go, but it isn't consistent.

Other places worth going to are: the Elif (Turkish - but can be good for veggie); Romio's (I think that's what it's called, but it's a very good Greek place doing all the usual dishes, but better than most places); I believe the tapas place Esteban is ok - I havent been for a long time though; the Red Fort is better than your average curry house. It might be worth trying the Negresco pub (although I believe it may be called something else now, as it apparently has changed hands) - the food served in the restaurant part of the pub used to be very good - and French in style.

I haven't been to the Moon and Pea for ages, but while I loved the atmosphere and the prices and the bring your own wine thing, the food wasn't great the last few times I went.

liverpool
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lark Lane

lark lane is very lively at the moment , i would just turn up have a few drinks and look at the menus in the windows and then decide . there is about twenty places to eat so i am sure you will find something to take your fancy . also i would go there early because most bars close about 12 oclock

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
15,474 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lark Lane

I often only go to Lark Lane for a drink, which is what I did on Sunday after watching the Liverpool Marathon in Sefton Park.

There's a restaurant I've never noticed before called Pablo's on the opposite side of the road to the Albert and more towards the Sefton Park end of Lark Lane. It looks quite impressive and I'm tempted to go there myself.

http://www.pabloslarklane.co.uk/home/

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lark Lane

Pablos has been there for a couple of years now. I've been twice - once for a meal when we had lots of starters rather than three courses, and it was pretty good - better than I thought it was going to be (I thought it was going to be one of those "all fur coat and no knickers" type places ...

We went again to watch the match about a year or so ago, and had some snacks at the bar (Chinese dim sum type stuff). I wasn't very impressed with them though. It may be worth a go for a meal - it's sort of modern British wth some dishes from Europe and Asia too.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lark Lane

I have a good friend who is a vegitarian and she goes to Pablos quite often. I have been once on a Sunday lunch and found it good on service and quality

Leeds, United...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Lark Lane

Try Pablos very good food and a great bar if you just want some drinks,there always a really good atmosphere in there and great if you like to celeb spot every time I've been in there's been a different celeb in there.

9. Re: Lark Lane

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2013, 10:15