We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stamps Too, Waterloo

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Stamps Too, Waterloo

I'm hoping to go to Stamps Too on South Road in Waterloo tonight, and we are thinking of having a meal there. Has anyone eaten there? I've been trying to find out what type of food they serve (if they serve it), what it's like and what time in the evening they start serving it.

Anyone out there know?

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,427 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stamps Too, Waterloo

there's plenty of places to eat on south road

not sure whether Stamps does food, especially in the evenings. its more of a live. bands/music pub, will probably do food during lunch time only

can recommend the Greek Taverna or The Mexican (opposite sid), or Nicola's

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
15,234 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stamps Too, Waterloo

I seem to remember that they do serve food but I think it's just normal pub food, but I'm not sure what ! I haven't been there for about 6 months and I haven't eaten there.

Looking at the Stamps website (the other one in Crosby) they just do a variety of pies and chips.

Edited: 01 March 2012, 12:28
Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stamps Too, Waterloo

Thanks for the replies.

I've eaten at a couple of places on South Road before, but was hoping to try Stamps as we'll be there for the muic anyway. One website I found mentioned tapas type stuff (I think that's what the original Stamps in Crosby used to do, so it's feasible that the newer one does that now).

If they don't do food, we'll probably try Tapas Tapas if it's still going - it was great when it first opened, but I haven't been there since. The one in town is rubbish in comparison ...

Edited: 01 March 2012, 12:51
merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stamps Too, Waterloo

Tapas Tapas your best bet then up the road for your entertainment in stamps

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stamps Too, Waterloo

Well, Stamps Too doesn't do food, which is a shame, but we had a good time at the open mic night.

Went to Tapas Tapas first, and it was awful ... it was really sad to see, when the meal we had there when it was quite a new place was very good. I've been out of work for a while now, so we eat out very rarely these days, and this was a special treat, so we were really disappointed. It looks like they have reduced the quality of both the ingredients and the cooking. I'll give more detail on the reviews page.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
15,234 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stamps Too, Waterloo

How many real ales did they have on tap ?

They advertise that they have 6 ales on tap but it's been hit and miss when I've been there in the past as to how many they have on.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
6 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stamps Too, Waterloo

They always have 6 real ales on over the weekend and usually at least 4 during the week. I should know; I am in there every day!

Edited: 03 March 2012, 19:10
Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,317 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stamps Too, Waterloo

I asked my husband how many real ales were available on tap (I don't drink the stuff) and he reckoned only three (it was a Thursday night).

Liverpool
Level Contributor
6 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stamps Too, Waterloo

Really unusual to only have three ales on. I will ask the owner about it. He won't be pleased! The ales are mostly sourced locally, and the bar was the first to be in the Locale scheme with CAMRA. Pity they don't do food any more.

Edited: 04 March 2012, 08:48
Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
15,234 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stamps Too, Waterloo

I went there once and they only had 2 ales on. It was midweek - perhaps they were cleaning the lines or waiting for a delivery.

I'm off work tomorrow so I might head up there ! ;-)