We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from airport to city centre

Ireland
Level Contributor
68 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from airport to city centre

Whats the best way to get from liverpools John Lennon Airport to the Premier Inn at albert Dock and roughly how much does it cost

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,967 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from airport to city centre

If your hotel is at the Albert Dock you are best off getting the AirLink 500 bus. I think it costs £2.70 but don't quote me on that.

This gives you info you need:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g186337-c173106/Liver…

If there are enough of you to fill a taxi it would still be cheaper to get the bus.

First stop for the 500 in the city centre is Liverpool One bus station which is opposite the Albert Dock.

Edited: 08 March 2012, 08:45
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
18,920 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from airport to city centre

If you are going over with £10 as your smallest note nip into WH Smiths for a chocolate bar so you have change.

Chris was over a couple of weeks ago and they had sold out of Saver tickets so she got the bus with a tenner and got a right mouthful. I have heard this story before from others but didn't believe it .

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,447 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from airport to city centre

It is common to say...'keep the change driver'....!!

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,967 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from airport to city centre

^^ Not if you try and pay a £1.90 fare with a tenner. I wouldn't want the driver to keep my £8.10 change !

Even if I handed £2 over to pay a £1.90 fare I'd expect my 10p change. Not that I would pay because I've got a Trio pass.

A work colleague reckons Arriva and Stagecoach owe her a tenner over the past year for all the times she didn't get her 10p or 20p because the bus driver has "got no change".

They're obliged to carry enough change, even for people who try and pay with a £10 note.

Edited: 08 March 2012, 13:51
liverpool
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport from airport to city centre

bring back the conductor / "clippy " ...those were the days!

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport from airport to city centre

The fare is £2.80 and the bus driver stops just before Liverpool One for Albert Dock. If you tell the driver as you get on which hotel he will shout it out when he is near your stop. So far I havent encountered a grumpy driver on that route and drivers in general in Liverpool seem to be quite helpful but it does help if you are polite in the first place.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,967 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport from airport to city centre

That's great info for future reference legendlad ;-)

Would that mean the bus would stop at the bus stop by the junction where McDonalds is, or further down opposite the Ibis hotel ?

Or would the bus stop at either of those stops ?

The 500 is a limited stop bus service to the city centre, but it isn't clear in the timetable if the bus would stop at additional stops in the city centre other than those listed in the timetable (Liverpool One Bus Station, London Road etc)

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,920 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport from airport to city centre

I can assure you that Christina is very polite and well mannered. As I said I did not believe the bad press and maybe still wouldn't under different circumstances.

Having a bit of change or a fiver might avoid getting the exception to the nice driver rule,

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,967 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transport from airport to city centre

I've seen loads of people paying bus fare with a £10 note, and occasionaly you can hear the driver huff and puff. But the driver should carry enough change, especially at the start of their shift.

I've heard plenty of stories where drivers have "ran out of change" first thing in the morning.

Anyway, the new Walrus card should solve these problems:

http://www.walruscard.com/index.asp

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,920 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transport from airport to city centre

Then we will be knackered when Liverpool airport is sold out and we cant pay cash ;-}