We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarket query

Which Liverpool hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
surrey, england
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Supermarket query

Can anybody tell me the nearest supermarket to the Britannia Adelphi Hotel?

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,355 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarket query

Directly opossite the Adelphi Hotel is Ranelagh Street, if you walk down here (less than 2 minutes) to Liverpool Central (Merseyrail Station) there is a small Sainsburys Local within the shopping mall

if you keep on walking down the same street about 5 minutes there's a large Tesco store (this will be the biggest supermarket near to hotel)

just behind the Adelphi is Mount Pleansant (check out google earth/street maps) there's a tesco express, this is also les than 2-3 minutes walk from the hotel

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
14,553 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarket query

Or there's a Tesco Metro in Clayton Square - probably closer than the Tesco Extra on Hanover Street - but you have to walk past the new Aldi in St Johns shopping centre to get to it.

Bleedin' Tesco's everywhere though.

Have you seen that new Tesco Express at the new Travelodge on the Strand? It's 300 metres away from the Tesco Express on Lord Street !

Don't forget the Sainsbury's Local at the top of Bold Street which is a 5 minute walk down Renshaw Street (left out of the Adelphi) and which is right next to the Bold Street Tesco Express!!

There's actually a few late night shops selling cigs, booze and food on Lime Street and Renshaw Street and on Skelhorne Street too.

Basically, don't worry - we have shops in Liverpool ! ;-D

Cheshire
Level Contributor
293 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Supermarket query

Forget the supermarkets, I would be more concerned about staying at the Adelphi.

surrey, england
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Supermarket query

Thanks for your feedback, guys.

Yeah, I read the reviews of the Adelphi before booking. A central location is top priority to us and out of what was available centrally for our travel dates, this hotel had the best price.

We're expecting the worst and I'm prepared to demand a different room, if it's awful, or money off. Will be spending most of our time seeing Liverpool, not the inside of a hotel! And you never know, we might be some of the few who have a good experience at the Adelphi!

liverpool england
Level Contributor
152 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Supermarket query

hi, i know you will have a super time in LIVERPOOL, but do us a favour keep it to yourself, or we will have a load of southerners travelling here, we like to keep it a secret, how nice it is up north, hope you have a great time.

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Supermarket query

rather sleep on park bench than suffer The Adelphi

surrey, england
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Supermarket query

Thanks, 5913, I'm sure we will have a great time. You're jumping to a conclusion that I'm a southerner because I currently live in the south.

Somerset
Level Contributor
2 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Supermarket query

Liverpool is amazing!!! Dont worry about the Adelphi too much, we had a rubbish room and they moved us quite quickly. Just get out and see everything the city has to offer!

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
3,392 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Supermarket query

There is a tesco just up Mount Pleasant as you come out on the left hand side

10. Re: Supermarket query

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2013, 10:19