We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help!!

wales
Level Contributor
38 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Help!!

Im taking my partner to Liverpool for his birthday and was planning on doing the Anfield tour. Im looking at 12-14th May and theres no availability at all! I s there a reason for this or am I just late booking the tour?

Also he's mentioned Liverpool are playing Swansea on Saturday 12th, its not on sky or anything so any suggestions on where we'd be able to catch this game?

Thanks so much in advance xx

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,507 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help!!

Not sure why you can't book online for a tour, I've never herd of that before

its long, long shot but there could be work going on at the ground, although as I said, this is highly unlikely to effect the tours

I can ask a friend (who works on the tours) although this won't be until Saturday, I'd keep trying the web site, unless you feel like phoning the tour & museum dept direct (0151 260 6677, this will probably be quicker

as for watching the match, where are you staying ???

trust me there'll be plenty of pub's around the city showing Liverpool's match via foreign satellite TV

Edited: 05 April 2012, 23:30
Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
16,287 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help!!

Yeah, no tours from 7th May to 16th May. Looks like the Museum isn't even open.

As for the Swansea game on the 12th - you won't need to look far to find a pub or bar showing the game.

I'd head for "Envi" on Fleet Street - massive projector screen and loads of TV's, plus cheap drinks. Fleet Street runs between Hanover Street and Concert Square. ;-)

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
16,287 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help!!

Actually, the Swansea game is on Sunday 13th May, not Saturday 12th, and it's a 3pm kick off.

wales
Level Contributor
38 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help!!

Aw bit gutted about the stadium tour but nevermind, excuse to make a 2nd trip I guess!!

Thanks so much for your advice, keep the other half happy xx

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help!!

hi..... you may wish to check out jamie carraghers two restaurants in liverpool city centre www.cafesportsengland.com.uk loads of lfc memorabillia on display

Edited: 07 April 2012, 14:20
liverpool
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help!!

sorry its www.cafesportsengland.co.uk

Liverpool
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
2,507 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help!!

JlhWales,

update for you, looks like my first guess was correct, apparently there's major, major works going on at Anfield for several weeks, (involving relaying a new pitch etc) hence the reason you can not book tours for that certain time

also as for going to Carra's sports bars, whilst its a great idea and a very nice place to go, its very popular at weekends with football fans, at present I don't think Swansea v Liverpool will be featured on Sky sports, therefore I doubt very much weather Carra's sports bars will actually show that game on TV, They will show what ever games are on sky though, and as already mentioned there'll be plenty of pubs showing our game via foreign satellite TV

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
16,287 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help!!

Seeing as Anfield will be closed why not go to the Reds Gallery at the Bluecoat arts centre instead.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/redsgallery

thebluecoat.org.uk/events/view/events/1161

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help!!

big scouse..... lets hope laying a new pitch gets the reds playing winning footy again!!!!..... somehow i doubt it tho

wales
Level Contributor
38 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help!!

Thanks again for the info everyone, probably go to both Carraghers bar and Reds Gallery for a nose. Great advice!

On countdown now...cant wait!!

Thanks so much x

Get answers to your questions about Liverpool